Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does paying Turbotax fee with my refund delay direct deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
EbonyL

No. Whether you pay directly or via your refund, it has no effect on the timing.

srd120905

Well that's a lie. I literally just got the email saying that it would be delayed by a day at least. Right after being told the opposite. I guess you say whatever you have to say to get people to spend their money with your business. I guess I'll go back to H&R Block or try to another software next year
srenda77

Will there be delay in my deposit so turbo tax and be paid

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

There is no delay associated with the Refund Transfer when choosing to pay your TurboTax fees with your tax refund.  For more information, please see How long does it take to get my refund? on the Santa Barbara Tax Group website.

@srenda77

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've only ever used TurboTax my entire working career, but never again after this year! I paid more fees on this tax return then I have in 20 years!!

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may review a breakdown of your fees by following these steps. If you have any billing questions feel free to reach out to our phone support team @ehoffman6

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That is BS.  IRS sent my refund nine days ago.  It still hasn't made it to my account.  Since I paid Turbo Tax from my return I assume that Turbo Tax is sitting on Iit...make a little interest off MY money.  I have used Turbo Tax for years.  The ridiculous increase in fees and this kind of BS are driving me away. I will find another way to file my 2023 taxes.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact TPG for information regarding your refund. They are one who handles your refund if you elect to pay your fees with your refund. You can also check out this TPG Refund Tracker to check on your refund.

@bioguy43 

I left a comment yesterday calling BS on the Turbo Tax claim that returns will not be delayed by TurboTax. Today I learned they aren't delayed by Turbo Tax.  They are sent to   TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC ORIG CIVISTA BANK who then screws you over. I was charged an additional $40 by this bunch of thieves. ON TOP OF WHAT TURBO TAX HAD ALREADY CHARGED! 

The fees charged by Turbo Tax this year are price gouging.  In the three decades I have used Turbo Tax I have never been charged such an outrageous fee. Once again, I am going to call BS on Turbo Tax.  I will never pay this bunch of scam artists to do my taxes again, even if I have to do them myself with pencil and paper.

That's the standard refund procesing fee that is charged and that was displayed and you agreed to at least 3 times before your return could be filed. That processing fee has always been there and you've always had the power to pay with a credit or debit card first instead of CHOOSING to agree to pay that fee.  That's on you, buddy.  Sorry.

And if there were dealys, it was likely due to some bad information.  There is zero chance it took 9 days if all of the information was correct as it's a fully automated process.  EIther you didn't understand the IRS message or there was an issue at the receving bank.  Some banks hold their customer's deposits for a set amount of time before crediting them, and that is more likely the culprit.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies