turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Direct Debit

Has the IRS moved the direct debit date to July 15th yet.  That seems to be the only way I can provide my banking information to be able to get the stimulus check by direct deposit in my checking account.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Direct Debit

To change your payment date, you will have to cancel the payment and then pay the federal taxes owed on the IRS payment website on or before July 15, 2020.

For more information, please see the IRS website on canceling a direct debit payment.  Pay Taxes by Electronic Funds

• Once your return is accepted, information pertaining to your payment, such as account information, payment date, or amount, cannot be changed. If changes are needed, the only option is to cancel the payment and choose another payment method.
  • Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling.
  • Cancellation requests must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET two business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

Go to this IRS payment website and choose Direct Pay - IRS Payments

For your stimulus check,  the IRS is setting up a portal for folks to add/update their bank account information.  For the latest information on this, please follow this link: TurboTax Blog  or the IRS Stimulus Update.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Direct Debit

Will Direct Debit information on my tax return be used for direst deposit for the stimulus.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Direct Debit

Yes, if your direct debit information is on your tax return, IRS will use it to directly deposit your check.

Direct Debit

I am not doing my taxes until July. I need to add direct deposit for the IRS. I don’t want to wait on check. Please help me I have no income coming in. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Direct Debit

If the only reason why you are not filing taxes now is because you owe money, you can file now and request a direct debit date of 07/15/2020.  This way, the IRS has your banking information on file, otherwise you will need to add the direct deposit information in the IRS portal when the direct deposit feature is available. Here is the website link for the portal. Keep checking for updates in the portal for the opportunity to add your banking information.

Go3dlove
Returning Member

Direct Debit

I need to add my direct deposit information 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Direct Debit

If you have not filed or do not need to file a tax return this link What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment? has information on how to apply for the stimulus check.  If you have filed your 2019 tax return the IRS is planning to open a portal to allow taxpayers to input their direct deposit information.  You can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Cameron15

Direct Debit

I recently moved and lost some of my tax files that i needed to file for 2019. After some tossing around i was able to find them and just today filed. They were accepted. So am i good for the stimulus check or is there anything additinal that i need to do

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Direct Debit

There is nothing more that you can do, the information from your 2019 return is what the IRS will use to sent the check to you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies