Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Did I get approved for the cash advance

I never received my email. I think it was sent to an old email. My email was not updated until after I submitted my taxes and applied for the loan. Therefore I believe Link was sent to old email. I have tried to contact greendot card to get more info. There is no one to help. So maybe you can help me I am in desperate need. 

I never received My email was not updated until after I submitted my taxes and applied for the loan. Therefore I believe Link was sent to old email. I have tried to contact greendot card to get more info. There is no one to help. So maybe you can help me I am in desperate need. 

Same here I was approved...then I checked my email and it said I wasn’t approved but the email did not come from First Century but from green dot..definitely feels like this was a setup!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please refer to the following help article for information on receiving your Turbo Debit Card.

When will I receive my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card? - Community

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Debit Card, please visit TurboDebitCard or call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TaleaHa1

Did i get approved for a cash advance from turbo tax tgey say i did when i filed and the irs accepted my refund yesterday and i didn't receive a cash advance

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

About the Refund Advance application process

About receiving your Refund Advanc

Tamara41

I haven't heard from nobody about cash advance no email about approval or denial I really need that advance don't understand why i didn't get it can someone explain I did not recieve no kind of response thats not right

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

About the Refund Advance application process - Community

@DaraLO I received and email from GreenDot stating that although my advance wad denied ... yada yada. But this was received before my actual taxes had even been accepted, so is that my denial or is there still a chance I will get the advanced.

Along with everyone else, I feel used and tricked. I did this because I needed the advance and NOTHING should have caused me to be denied. 

I did not get an email from anyone regarding the advance. I got the email from TurboTax saying my return was accepted about 48 hours ago, but no email from the bank saying if I was denied or approved for a certain amount.

Is there a phone number to call to see if I was approved or denied? I'm not upset if I was denied, but I am upset about the lack of communication.

I filed with TT last year and got approved and this year TT said I was approved then green dot said I wasn’t then I set up the turbo card and all after I was told I was approved. Never received a email from the bank telling me why. 

Exactly 

Just for anyone still following this thread regarding the green dot email. That is the denial, first century will send there own email within 30 days explaining why. But apparently that’s it. 🤬

We never got anything from GreenDot saying we were denied either. I've checked my spam and other folders Gmail auto sorts to. Nada. Our return was well over their minimum, no offsets, just 2 W2s with EIC and child credits. We've filed with TT for the last few years, so they know our history.

We got the physical card in the mail 1 hour ago. If we don't receive something from the underwriters by the end of Feb, I'll just file a federal complaint. I understand underwriters are taking a risk on each approval, but if you're going to deny, at least TELL them.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ regarding the Refund Advance. Click on How will I know if I'm approved for Refund Advance and how long does it usually take? 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies