turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CP63 Notice

I never received anything in mail, but I called IRS and it’s saying they’re holding refund because I haven’t filed one or more tax returns. I’ve filed a return every single year and I have no idea what it’s talking about. It’s saying they’re not giving me my refund until I file what I’m missing. Please I need help! My return was accepted on the 23rd. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Robert  H

CP63 Notice

I would go to the IRS website which speaks to the cp63 notice (link provided). Call the number and have them send you a copy. It is not clear from your message if you are speaking about the 2020 return or a prior year return. However, as the 2020 return is not due yet, I assume it is for 2019. I would get your certified mail receipt or any other proof handy. If you had a tax liability and you paid tax for instance, get your bank statement or cancelled check and be ready to point to the debit. Or if you got a refund, point to that too. good luck.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp63-notice

CP63 Notice

What number should I call? I haven’t received any kind of notice. I just called the irs and the automated system said it was because of this. 

CP63 Notice

I just got the same automated message when I called this morning. I am currently on hold to speak to a representative because I as has my husband has filed every year. We have never not filed a tax return so I dont know why ours is saying this either......hoping it's a mistake the irs is having all sorts of issues this year with everything but they need to 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies