Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

CP09 notice for unclaimed EIC

Can you clarify what you mean by 'updated tax form' so we can try to help you? 

If you opened your return from a prior year and it shows a different Refund Amount than the return you originally filed, you could Amend your return to claim the difference. 

Click this link for info on How to Amend a Prior Year Return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, i just saw this one. I just want to ask how long did you wait for your cp09 check? I received mine jan 28 and responded to it right away, I’m just wondering how long does it take is it really 8weeks or more than that?

A68
Returning Member

I have a letter saying they need more information but it doesn’t state what they need could you help me out on what you sent back? @Marcie 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

It is unusual that the IRS would send you a letter asking for more information yet not tell you what information they want you to supply.

Did you get a CO09 or another letter? What exactly did the letter say?

@A68

I have been waiting for 3 months, i called the iIRS to get the status and the lady that i spoked to was so rude and saying she doesn’t know whats cp09 or 15111 is that she cannot helped me

because they don’t have that kind of form and just raising her voice every time i try to answer her questions about the form that I received. And I haven’t got any mail from the IRS regarding about it.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

You wrote, "And I haven’t got any mail from the IRS regarding about it." and you wrote, "I have a letter saying they need more information", so I am understandably confused. Did you get a letter from the IRS or not?

Please see the following: the CP09 letter, and form 15111. 

If you have questions about what you should enter on those forms, you can ask them here and we will try to help. which is a worksheet for you to fill out showing that you deserve the Earned Income Credit. Otherwise, you can contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service for help with your issue.

A68
Returning Member

I got the CPO9 and filled it out and sent it back but they are saying they need more information.

Like am I to send copies of birth certificates and etc??? 

A68
Returning Member

I also sent the form 15111 to them literally a year ago. Filled it out and sent it in. So I am confused on what more they need from me

JillS56
Expert Alumni

This does not surprise me.   The IRS has a huge backlog of mail and returns that it is working through.   Most likely, they have not gotten to your mail yet.   Hang in there, you will get a response eventually.

Did anyone here that received the cp09 letter tax 2020 this January, got there check?

I got this notice Jan 27, 2022, I mailed it before end of January. It’s more than 8 weeks, I called IRS to check for status the person that I spoked to said he doesn’t see anything about it since it’s more than 8 weeks he told me to file 1040x and include schedule EIC for 2020. Is anyone have the same situation like me? I never got any mail from the IRS within those 8 weeks until now.

A68
Returning Member

I was multitasking and had one heck of a day when i received this and then re-read what they sent me and it told me to fill out the Schedule EIC right on my paper. @CG181 

Did you send 1040x form also?

A68
Returning Member

@CG181no it only told me to send the schedule EIC I attached a photo 

FB8B2454-838E-4863-B20F-30B3E609C859.jpeg

Complete the forms they sent, you’re much better off dealing directly with the department that currently has your return. There’s likely a special address and phone number to reach them in the letters. Don amend it will take months to resolve if you do. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies