turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I was looking at the SBTPG post.  I was more referencing the part about if the payment to them was rejected (closed account). The account they set up to deduct funds is a temporary account that they close after funds are collected.  But let's hope that's not the case.  

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

The "official" date of deposits is the 15th, I guess. I have no problem waiting until tomorrow. I have text notifications turned on for deposits. Will I for sure get a text? I'm a little nervous I haven't gotten one about a deposit for tomorrow. Plus, I think we broke the app. 🤣

Bbscog
Returning Member

Nothing yet here in State college Pa

Yes , but Santa Barbara Bank first said we would get checks then the IRS is pretty much forcing them to give them our info for direct deposit. The direct deposit info that's on our 1040 matches are turbo debit cards and is active through Green Dot. There is many people that got the fees taken out or got the advance refund and their info all matches and also get direct deposit from their jobs on that turbo card. The IRS will send the stimulus to account on file with you 1040 once Santa Barbara rejects it. Also some payments that Santa Barbara doesn't recognize as stimulus they will process them to the account automatically with small fees taken out it says.

I was able to get through to a rep, and he said they haven't gotten any "Official word" but he was pretty confident that all payment would be made on cards with a possible day or two delay from tomorrow for some. 

Yeah so basically Santa Barbara Bank found a way to steal fees from the stimulus checks. If it comes in and it doesn't recognize it as the stimulus they will take federal refund fees and then send you your payment That's the only reason that we will get our money on our turbo cards now because they found a way to steal money from some people European decent human beings and just processing the stimulus automatically for everyone that's in need. This company has always been greedy pieces of s*** they screwed everyone in 2008 with their stimulus but know how much it impact them the next tax season so now they're trying to find a way to get you your money. But of course they will get money from some people

I really don't think they are going to take money out of people stimulus. And if they do they will be made to replace it. Think about it. The stimulus is made for people who don't have any money at this time and the stimulus money is also untaxed. Everyone else is getting their money without any fees taken out why wouldn't we? The government I would hope will not let them take any type of fees out of are stimulus check no matter how small. Unless of course they want lawsuits that will cost them way more than their greedy ass is can take

That is actually irrelevant. No matter if you had fees taken out or not there's numbers match with the 1040. And as of the 12th the payment was still going to TBG. But apparently TPG is now sending info back so that the IRS can reissue the deposit directly to the turbo card to even if you had fees taken out

Something is happing I had -$4.95 from the monthly fee from the card and they issued a General funding might be getting ready to Deposit just I guess

645403C7-DE87-4A83-A8AB-A29E742FEAF3.jpeg

@Tksob4 Seems like something is going down. I'll keep checking. Even though I haven't received a text. Maybe I signed up after they would have sent me one so I was too late. Either way, I think you're about to get a deposit.

@Tksob4  yo you are so right , mines was -4 dollars to from the monthly fee, I just checked it and now it says $0 hmmm

Just wanted to say I am in the same boat, mine was $8 and change in the negative and I just checked the website because the app wasn’t working and it shows an even balance and it says there was a “general funding” that paid it off. I would say that this is a good sign that they will be putting the stimulus on these TT cards. I have already received my refund in February but I always keep the card for the year. I didn’t have any fee’s taken out and I didn’t do the advance either. So this seems to suggest that it’s going to work 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lots and lots of people reporting their negative balance is all of a sudden showing as 0 on the turbo tax card. Wonder if they're getting ready to push those deposits through.

@rmatherne88  must be🤞 lollll this is goood , some hope LMAO

@Nkyezlewis @That’s not actually how this works. The paperwork you signed was to give the lending bank the authority to intercept the funds from your account when the IRS scheduled the deposit. They did not provide the IRS with false account information. Simply intercepted the funds removed fees then deposited remaining amount. And you only authorized them to do such for the single transaction. 

no super Sherlock Holmesing is required

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies