turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

You couldn't be more wrong . Everyone's DD matches from the 1040. If you had fees taken out you are getting a paper check period. Can't change it once portal opens either . Check screen shot out. I confirmed with santa Barbara bank that I will get a paper check because they took my fees. They said if you go on their website and check you return in and you see the fees they took and the amount of your refund we t to you by then that you will get a paper check. Go look for yourself 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Snead Please stop spreading misinformation here. Even though the DD info on the actual 2019 electronic return that TurboTax sent to the IRS was a temporary account at SBTPG (instead of what's on your TurboTax-printed 1040, i.e., your Turbo Card DD info), TurboTax *did* send the DD info on your return to SBTPG; the IRS got that from SBTPG and is sending your stimulus check there instead. (Someone posted some pages back an email sent to a tax professional confirming that the IRS directed ALL "refund transfer" providers, including SBTPG, to send their customers' DD info to the IRS so they could send stimulus checks to the right place.)

SBTPG updated its page ( https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/ ) yesterday to make it clear which of its customers would get their stimulus check by direct deposit vs. paper check. ALL of SBTPG's TurboTax customers will get direct deposits, whether to an existing account or a Turbo Card, per this from their updated page: "The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online." (None of the three options SBTPG now says will result in a paper stimulus check are available in TurboTax; those are all offered thru tax professionals only.) TurboTax has updated its FAQs accordingly.

Santa Barbara updated their response yesterday. So it seems that we will get direct deposit if we used them for the TT card.

Answers to Common Questions

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that requested a check printed from their tax professional's office, Walmart Direct2Cash or a Walmart MoneyCard issued by their tax professional.

If a payment is returned to the IRS (Ex. bank account is closed), the IRS will mail a check to the taxpayer.

In the rare event that payments are inadvertently sent to TPG, a plan is in place to help identify and expedite the return of these payments to the IRS so that the IRS can reissue payments directly to affected taxpayers as soon as possible. If we are unable to identify the payment as an Economic Impact Payment, the deposit will be processed as a federal refund, with all associated fees withheld from the deposit amount.

We understand that taxpayers need their refund or EIP more than ever, so we are committed to getting money to taxpayers as quickly and easily as possible.

The government has approved the checks. Y'all need to get off ur asses and help us. I have no money no food no nothing. Flat **bleep** broke. I need answers. If u can provide a number we can contact I would really appreciate it

@Korender12 wrote:

The government has approved the checks. Y'all need to get off ur asses and help us. I have no money no food no nothing. Flat **bleep** broke. I need answers. If u can provide a number we can contact I would really appreciate it

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit into your bank account then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit into the same account.

@Charr666 wrote:

Have there been any updates on Economic Impact Payments through the Turbo Tax Prepaid Cards? With payments going out this week many of us need to know if we will receive them or have to wait for a paper check.  

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit into your bank account then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit into the same account.

Ok I got 2 cards one from 2018 and one from 2019 which one will it.go on. I only have the one from 2019. Got rid of the old one

@Korender12 wrote:

Ok I got 2 cards one from 2018 and one from 2019 which one will it.go on. I only have the one from 2019. Got rid of the old one

The card you received for 2019.

Is there a way to check for pending deposit on the free one

@Korender12 wrote:

Is there a way to check for pending deposit on the free one

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

Ok when I go to the get my payment page for tax filers it says it's unavailable til mid April

@Korender12 wrote:

Ok when I go to the get my payment page for tax filers it says it's unavailable til mid April

To be notified if there is a deposit on the card you will have to get the procedure from the card issuer.

Sign onto your card account - https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/

When I called the #4 was for declined transactions. I didn't hear an option for pending.

Its 4 then 1 I believe. Mine still says nothing pending. 

I feel like I'm never going to get it lol. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies