Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Wrong. It's not specifically for people to update their DD info. It's to add DD info of you never had any on file. If you had a TurboTax card and got your refund on it you cannot change it you will get a paper check if you had your fees taken out of your federal refund and will have no option to change that. the US department of Treasury put out a statement saying no one can change their direct deposit info that's on the second page of their tax returns because of fraud that could occur.  I posted their statement by a screenshot on the other posts I've made but I can't do it anymore because they're saying I'm spamming it even though I only posted it three times for people. So I'm sorry to everyone but if you had your fees taken out or got the refund advance you're getting a paper check and there's no way around it whatsoever.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Wrong No one will be able to update their info only add it. If you already had one on file you will not be able to change it you will get a paper check if you had the turbo tax card and had your fees taken out. 

Are they allowing third party deposits? Will we get our stimulus with the routing number that I filed or do we have to wait until the where’s my payment tool go to live? I understand this is a confusing time but it’s confusing for customers as well because I don’t understand 

They never said that on Bloomberg . This person is lying. IRS already said that if you had your fees taken out or got the loan that you will be getting a paper check they will only try to send to the bank that took your fees out or gave you the loan if it's rejected by them they're sending you a check

Short answer is they don't know,they supposedly worked closely with the IRS to make the no filer tool but not close enough to know if we can use tt to receive our payments.i for one will be review bombing if I don't get mine wens

They seem to think that after this füçk up we'll forget by next tax season,WRONG!!!

I for one will not be using TurboTax ever again. This is too much and more questions than answers it’s not that hard stop trying figure out how you can get your fee and just let us know if we need to wait for the where’s my payment to go live or we just have to wait for a check. It shouldn’t be that hard @MadaraUchiha All they keep saying is if your deposit info which is on my taxes so what’s the problem or the hold up because everyone else that has got paid on a prepaid card has still received theirs.  

@Seannay4 wrote:

Are they allowing third party deposits? Will we get our stimulus with the routing number that I filed or do we have to wait until the where’s my payment tool go to live? I understand this is a confusing time but it’s confusing for customers as well because I don’t understand 

There are multiple reports that people who had refunds routed thru SBTPG to their bank accounts got their stimulus, but only a few who did that with Turbo Cards. Most likely you'll still get it, but you'll just have to wait and see.

One thing that could be helpful: If you get your stimulus and had your refund routed thru SBTPG, look at the description of your stimulus deposit online. If it reads something like "IRS TREAS 310 TAX REF" (like mine that just arrived on my Bluebird prepaid card though I didn't use SBTPG), it definitely came straight from the IRS so they got your direct deposit info. OTOH, if it mentions SBTPG like your refund did, it was routed thru SBTPG. (SBTPG denies it's doing that, but someone in one of these threads posted an interview where Treasury Secretary Mnuchin said companies like SBTPG would pass it through without fees or other deductions, much like the IRS isn't deducting anything except child support.)

@Seannay4 wrote:

I for one will not be using TurboTax ever again. This is too much and more questions than answers it’s not that hard stop trying figure out how you can get your fee and just let us know if we need to wait for the where’s my payment to go live or we just have to wait for a check. It shouldn’t be that hard @MadaraUchiha All they keep saying is if your deposit info which is on my taxes so what’s the problem or the hold up because everyone else that has got paid on a prepaid card has still received theirs.  

You can't blame TurboTax for this; it's the IRS that's issuing the stimulus payments, and they're giving few details if any. If you don't have yours it's more likely that the IRS just hasn't gotten to it yet, or else used wherever your 2018 refund went because they haven't finished processing your 2019 refund yet (like mine).

@RBBrittain My refund literally just says Federal Refund on my transactions.

@MXA1521 wrote:

@RBBrittain My refund literally just says Federal Refund on my transactions.

The refund, or the stimulus? If the refund went thru SBTPG it should have some variation of SBTPG's name on it, even if it's just "TPG" or "SB". I was asking more about what the stimulus says on it than the refund; if it reads same as an SBTPG refund it probably went thru SBTPG, but if it reads like mine it came straight from the IRS. (Edit: You may also have to look at the details of your transaction to see the text that came with your direct deposit; Bluebird's web interface displays "Federal Tax Refund Direct Deposit" initially, but detailed view had the specific text I saw in the Bluebird Android app earlier.)

As does mine...All I want to know is IF I GOT AN REFUND ADVANCE, PAID MY FEES WITH MY REFUND, AND GOT MY RETURN DEPOSITED ON THE TURBO CARD,WILL THE STIMULUS PAYMENT GO TO MY TURBO CARD? I have used my card as a bank account, so its still active,,,

Fees and an advance nothing do with this stimulus not a refund they can’t take any of this money even if u owe turbo

Has nothing to do weather they finished refund yet will use account info on 2019 return regardless if it’s finished or not u guys have wrong info

@Mossboy2 the problem lies that a third party gets the normal tax refund themselves take the fees transfer your balance to your tt card or whatever chosen method then close the account,so the IRS might have the third party as your dd info even though that account is closed,hints no way to get your cash to the TT card

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies