Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Phyllis44  you are in the clear it was the question of what happens with fees that was confusing. You got no notification because nothing was sent to you. FRIDAY was a test batch. nothing really happens till monday

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

The IRS is preparing Websites to update information and check your filing status.

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So to everyone who says that they paid fees or got the advance loan (that TT has facilitated through SBTPG) and their TT Card acct and routing info match their card info so that's the info the IRS has, so the stimulus payment will get DD into the card... Think about this.... How was SBTPG able to collect the fees or the repayment of the Advance you received... Did you see any kind of transaction on your card statement showing that money was taken out when you received your refund?  No... You only saw a deposit of the exact amount you were owed AFTER fees and/or loan repayment... So how is that possible.... You think SBTPG had a way to monitor and "intercept" their fees... Do you think the IRS has that info to know "Oh hey so-and-so has to pay such-and-such fees to SBTPG so we have to send that portion to SBTPG and the rest to so-and-so."  No they are not going to do that... as it has been explained numerous times... If you paid fees or got an advance loan with TT they facilitated it through SBTPG who then opens 2 accounts.  Your Greendot Turbo Card account that they send (issue) to you and a temporary account that they submit to the IRS as your DD account.  The IRS then DDs your refund into that temporary account in which SBTPG then transfers the remaining amount you are owed to your TT Card account minus your fees and/or loan amount.  The temporary account is then closed.  This is why they are saying you will get a paper check if you did a loan or fees and don't update your info on the portal when it opens because the temp account the IRS was given (and has on file) is no longer valid.  "What about the account info on my 1040 form... It matches my TT Card account".... When you download (generate) your 1040 form from TT... It's NOT the exact official form that was submitted to the IRS... It's a PDF that is generated/populated with your info that TT has in their Database... TT  would not have the temp account info from SBTPG just YOUR TT Card account info.  "But I had my state refund deposited on to the card as well so the account has to match"... Not necessarily... Your state taxes are processed completely separately and don't even go through the IRS..  it goes through your state agency... And since any filing fees or such are taken from your FEDERAL return... There is no reason for SBTPG to be involved with your state return... So TT files your state return providing your state with your actual TT Card account info for DD.

How does that help anyone or answer the question? Theyve also stated that if they already have direct deposit info on file you cant change it. So even if it's wrong, or the account is closed...if they have any direct deposit info already on file you CANT CHANGE IT.

So she got her money already on the TT card?

Turbo tax is horrible lol why can other tax companies have the money go to the prepaid card they received? Not using turbo tac next year

@BeatriceBlue34 I 100% agree I had fees and an advance.im just saying I feel like their is a ton of füçkéry going on,and instead of us getting answers we're getting ribo responses,I don't have my ish by the 15 I'm review bombing TT,sbtpg,and greendot wrong or right I don't care just like they don't care about us

That answer said nothing about turbo tax cards, or fees. He just linked to a portal, we can assume what he meant. But every turbo tax rep is saying something different so no, we have no answers. We probably wont have answers until we either 1. Receive our money this week or 2. Dont get anything while everyone else does.

Blows my mind a Turbo Tax Rep cant just say YES OR NO its literally that easy, and if no then I'd like to know so I can take appropriate time to change stuff to get it asap. C'mon turbo tax you really are leaving millions of tax filers wondering, and my roommate got his money on a prepaid car from a other tax service so this is ridiculous 

Does your roommate have chime?

@cclemons1998 For the most part what you're saying is true. However, there are reports of people who had fees deducted from their refund yet still got their stimulus money (yes, in the test batch) to their regular accounts.

SBTPG's announcement said it wasn't handling the stimulus money; neither did its predecessor SBBT in 2008. But SBTPG did say those who got their direct deposits from them would get their stimulus money in the same account directly from the IRS. (That's different from 2008; anyone whose refund went thru SBBT back then got a paper check.) That means the IRS got the final account destination (as opposed to SBTPG's temporary account) from somewhere, most likely TurboTax itself (though it could have come from SBTPG; almost certainly NOT from state returns).

The only remaining confusion is over SBTPG's statement that those whose refunds went to "a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG" would get paper stimulus checks. However, I do *NOT* believe that includes Turbo Cards even though their issuer Green Dot Bank is a corporate sibling of SBTPG. Cards "issued through" SBTPG are Walmart MoneyCards provided to mom-and-pop tax preparers who use SBTPG for multiple bank products; Turbo Cards are a separate deal between Intuit & Green Dot that does *not* require you to use SBTPG for deducting fees or refund advances (though many do). SBTPG may not provide mom-and-pop preparers with the direct deposit info for SBTPG-issued Walmart MoneyCards for inclusion in the electronic return sent to the IRS. Intuit, however, gets the direct deposit info for Turbo Cards directly from Green Dot Bank, much like customers using their own bank accounts provide their direct deposit info to their ERO (whether TurboTax or a mom-and-pop).

Yes, I understand that the 1040 downloaded from TurboTax is NOT the electronic return sent to the IRS, which would use SBTPG's temporary account. However, Intuit clearly received Turbo Card direct deposit info directly from Green Dot Bank; otherwise it wouldn't be on the downloaded 1040. That suggests Intuit had the opportunity to include that number on your electronic return. Thus, I believe *all* Turbo Card customers will get their stimulus money on their Turbo Cards, whether you used SBTPG or not. If it's not there yet, it's probably because you weren't in the first batch. (I could be wrong, but everyone should know by Friday.)

@Tashia1224 no America Express prepaid from his tax preparer 

Even if the answer is no to the stimulus going into the turbotax card we still can't do ANYTHING about it until the IRS opens the portal to update Bank info... So it's just a wait and see game. 

@RBBrittain I don't disagree with any of your points... It's always a possibility that we all will get that DD on our cards.  I was more trying to point out to the people citing the 1040 form matching or the fact that their state refund was DD on the card as PROOF that the IRS has their TT Card info and will DD the stimulus... Yes I too have seen people on FB reporting they had fees and or the loan done and still got the deposit or pending notice for their own personal account.  What concerns me... Is all the DIFFERENT scenarios I've seen reported out there from the ones who got the "test batch"... Not one has been from anyone who had fees and/or the loan AND had it issued to the TT Card.

Oh ok

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies