turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I just read it thoroughly. TT card is issued by Greendot. Greendot has nothing to do with SBTG. TT is the common denominator. SBTG provides a service- Not only to TurboTax but to other preparers. They do have a debit card that is a SBTG product; it’s a Walmart card. Not TT card. Let me ask you, did you get a return from your state?  I did. It didn’t go through SBTG first it went directly to my account. It was direct deposited. Everyone on here keeps asking the same question. If you have a TurboTax card and the account number and routing number are correct, you’ll get the money deposited. When the above notes that you will receive a paper check if you got check from your tax preparer for your refund or a debit card issued by SBTG which means that for some reason SBTG received your return and could not deposit it on the turbo tax card so they either sent you a check or a debit card for one time use which is probably that Wal-Mart card. 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Assshhlleeeyyy  I got a direct deposit date for the 15th Obviously the 15th is in the future so no I haven’t got it yet unless they post it early to my card and I would have told u all that if Green Dot {TT Prepaid Card) posted it sooner ..Had I said I got a DD for let’s say the 10th...Then that’s past tense and hopefully I would have already received it.

And I also stated in my comment numerous times that it was a Direct Deposit NOTIFICATION for April 15th 

Kykylety

Go to the subreddit for the stimulus payment. A girl posted a screenshot there for her direct deposit ON HER TURBO DEBIT CARD. She didn’t, however, have fees taken out-she paid upfront. 
my point is if it’s went to her TT debit card and the direct deposit info matches on your tax return you should be good. 

Where everyone got into but my dd info on my tax return match’s what my turbo card dd info exactly same y’all saying turbo cards won’t get deposited stimulus is wrong irs never said green dot won’t recieve it it isnt sptg product

"In the screenshot above does visa card mean turbo tax visa debit card"

I am going to say this is not us. these are two separate instructions to tax prepares. the one is about holding banks with routing numbers that's actually us. then one about tax prepares that handed out cards. ( i would say not us). My brick and mortar bank card is a visa card also but not a prepaid visa

I will also add this the cards mentioned are also cards that some places do not accept recurring payments. the walmartdirect2 card and most of Walmarts services act like a check cashing place NOT a bank. Greendot and our TT visa act like a bank. The first wave of money went to places the IRS was sure the money would go out to have a controlled test of the system. so TT visa with no fees was one of those. now holding banks need to give that info so how long that will take is the main question or has it already started. I am assuming it started on the 2nd when SBTPG changes the message on their webpage

sorry for posting 3 times in a row. but when SBTPG changed to this and with the message above sent to taxpayers 

"The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG."

there are some obvious assumptions.

1 TT card was issued to us BEFORE SBTPG was involved

2 SBTPG was given a routing number

3 The wording is what will happen so the numbers were sent to IRS already

I am confident in making those 3 assumptions 

They dont have to force them, even if sbgt took fees, your direct deposit info is still on your taxes. 

There is absolutely 0 reason why we shouldn't receive our stimulus payments on our turbo card. Regardless of any fees/advances taken out through SBTPG. Thousands of people who used turbo tax to file, who also went through SBTPG to have their funds and/or advance deducted got theirs deposited into other accounts or can see it pending(netspend/chime/credit unions/etc). If there is a reason it can't be deposited onto our cards it is NOT because of a third party bank, because then these other people would be in the same boat because regardless of how they received their money it still went to the same place before it went to their cards. Now if there is some other reason, that's a turbo tax issue and they need to be more open and honest about it...but as of now I firmly believe if they can get theirs so can we.

honestly, I don't think it is an issue. My taxes didn't show up till the day of DD so I am expecting the same here

See that’s what I don’t understand I have the card they sent me in the mail I mean I did get the advance but I still have a routing number a it has a saving account and all that Jazz even has a chip 

If I don't receive it by Wednesday or have a definite answer from Turbotax by then. I am contacting a lawyer. I may have to wait for my check but Turbotax and Greendot are going to pay. If enough people threaten class action they'll get up off their elbows then.

I’m with u right there u always have that one company that just can’t get it together for the people knowing the situation like that really lets u know they only care about themselves 

There already is a class action lawsuit against Turbotax for the fees charged for supposedly free services. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies