Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Can you link the forum? 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To @kraal  It has to ALSO meet the criteria besides the insurance. But also read that someone already received a refund on their card so who knows what will happen I haven’t read the prepaid card agreements to see how your card is set up nor am I aware of the irs rules of how it is determined the refund will send. Systematically is it programmed in the routing number is it a separate system used to determined if meets the regular banking rules ultimately it will be processed according to IRS standards of which prepaid card transacts thru a third party or not. I do know that all articles I read stated if you used a prepaid card to receive your refund via mail etc. However I did just find this info: 

Some Debit Cards Are Eligible to Receive Payments

Debit cards that are used by many tax preparation companies such as H&R Block and Intuit’s TurboTax as well as the Direct Express programs do qualify to receive these direct payments. That’s because these cards (H&R Block’s Emerald Card, Direct Express and TurboTax’s debit card) are linked to an actual bank account (with routing numbers) and all should qualify for the economic stimulus direct payment. This is relatively new information.

https://pointmetotheplane.boardingarea.com/register-for-stimulus-payment/#UPDATE_Get_My_Payment_IRS_...

Perhaps the irs is issuing the direct deposits based on last four of social, bc it’s not agi.

Hey @BrandiLO, I just wanna know, I got my tax return on your company’s card, a TurboTax card. It has an account and routing number. I was wondering if y’all that’s where my stimulus check will be sent, or do I need to put my bank account info on the portal that they’re going to build for filers? Let me know please, cause I can’t find the answer anywhere at all

irs  filers .pngThey may be sending DD by date filed ?  Who really knows ?  And the IRS could care less about telling anyone.

If you have already filed a 2019 return there is nothing you can do until something happens on the IRS side… and they are ahead of schedule which is evidenced by the test deposits some saw on Friday. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done. 

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal (now expected by 4/17) then you can check on the status and/or  update your information at that time.    https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Yes I know that theyre making a portal got the filers to update their info, but what I’m trying to figure out is if they’ll put the stimulus check on the TurboTax debit card, or not. I have the account and routing info on my tax documents and I keep seeing that it’s going to whatever direct deposit you have on your tax documents but im not sure if the TurboTax debit card counts as an “actual account” to the irs. So that’s what I’m trying to figure out. If the money will come on that card or not. 

I just spent 40 minutes on the phone and was told no that the checks will not be deposited into those accounts that we will have to update our info on the IRS website when they make the tool active. Santa Barbara which is who the greendpt turbo visas are through is not able to give the IRS the account information to have the direct deposits happen. 

TT cards aren't issue through SBPTG...the routing and account number on the TT card app should match whats on your 1040

Devinlynngodfrey the routing and account numbers are for Green Dot Bank is why. Not Santa Barbara TPG. Google the routing number and Green Dot Bank is what's shown. 

I have a similar problem I need to update my card because I used the turbo card and I no longer have it

I literally just spoke with them. They are owned and processed by Santa Barbara. Green Dot confirmed it after I got off the phone with TurboTax 🤷‍♀️ you can wait it out if you want but BOTH companies said its Santa Barbara and the stimulus checks will NOT be depositing into the turbotax accounts despite them having routing and account numbers. They will not provide the information needed by the IRS to complete the deposits. 

Green Dot is Santa Barbara. They operate under their FDIC numbers so what shows up on google is irrelevant.

Then how are people getting their DD for the CARES Act on their Turbo Visa Card then?

@Devinlynngodfrey  there are people that have received the stimulus on the turbo card  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies