turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

This confuses me because in my 1040, the same exact account and routing number matches my GreenDot TurboTax card Direct Deposit info......

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Deposits are available starting the 15th.....

@Nkyezlewis i don’t think that is accurate. The account and routing numbers in the turbo card app for me to use with my employer are the same #s on my 1040 that the IRS has on lines 21 B&D

Did anyone else get there stimulus check in the turbo tax card

@Kimmediato22   how when the TT cards aren't issue through SBPTG? The IRS are going by whats on your 1040 and that is your routing number and account number associated with your TT card.

zush420

I put my info on the 1040 form yesterday was accepted today not really sure what it means. Are my funds for the stimulus accepted or the fact they got it accepted. This is all confusing hopefully we all get it soon.

@SoSleepy30  I was one of the people that received a DD with TurboTax card for 15th.. I didn’t have fees taken out I filed for free and no advance ...If u had to pay for any of those services There’s a good chance that before your money reached your card it went through SBTPG first, Then went to your Turbo card because SBTPG takes the fees and all that from your tax return off the top if you had to pay back fees or advances 

@Kolakkandi  wrote:

@SoSleepy30  I was one of the people that received a DD with TurboTax card for 15th.. I didn’t have fees taken out I filed for free and no advance ...If u had to pay for any of those services There’s a good chance that before your money reached your card it went through SBTPG first, Then went to your Turbo card because SBTPG takes the fees and all that from your tax return off the top if you had to pay back fees or advances 

There are reports in another thread that some people who used SBTPG with direct deposit to a bank account with an early direct deposit feature similar to the Turbo Card already have their stimulus money. (As SBTPG said, even if your refund went thru them the stimulus is coming directly from the IRS.) There's still a slim chance that the combination of SBTPG & Turbo Card *might* result in a paper check, but I don't think that will happen.

Treasury and IRS launch new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments

See IR-2020-69

Shantell0306
Returning Member

My account number was wrong when I filed my taxes so I had to receive a paper check. Will I have to receive a paper check for the stimulus check as well or will I get a chance to change my direct deposit information?

@Shantell0306 wrote:

My account number was wrong when I filed my taxes so I had to receive a paper check. Will I have to receive a paper check for the stimulus check as well or will I get a chance to change my direct deposit information?

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

ok everyone. don't usually talk on these. I have looked everything over good. If you did turbotax and got turbo debit card AND had fees or advance taken out of your tax return, you will likely NOT get a deposit on that turbo debit card. I checked, and these cards are in fact involved with santa Barbara bank, even though its hard to verify. Goto santa Barbara website, log in with turbo tax username and password, and it will log you in. You see, when your taxes were sent from irs, they did not go directly to your card, but to santa Barbara so they could collect their fees and or advance. Then they sent the remainder to your debit card. I may be wrong, but it sure looks like paper checks.

@RBBrittain Yes I’ve seen that too that’s why I said there was a chance There was lots of people in my Facebook tax group that had advances and fees taken out and still got a DD for April 15

that is why I am thinking there may be a difference in the turbo card. The card issued through SBTPG (walmart money card) may have different deposit protocols because they do it all in house. The others they may need to provide the bank info to the irs after the deposit. I just remember my DD didn't show up till the day of deposit date for my taxes so WEDS will be the moment of revelation at this point

I understand why do we have to wait for a check if we had it deposited 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies