Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

When I put my tax info (like social and refund amount) in SBTPG taxpayer info portal, I don’t even come up....I’m not in their system at all and I have TurboTax card 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I also did the same thing I think they issue walmart pre paid card that u can NOT reload. So that's why you cant receive ur stimulus payment. I believe the turbo card is different since u can reload it 

I hope this is true because it will clear alot of things up for people

@NoahtdArk did you have the turbo tax fees taken out of your taxes?

I just put my info in on the  SBTPG taxpayer info portal and it showed my amounts and when my refund was refunded. 

Not sure what any of that means. I don't think anyone is really going to know anything until stimulus payments start getting sent out.

Somebody from turbobtax should know by know if our atimulus deposit will load on that card. I had fees taken out but no loan. Nobody can get a straight answer. So an answer would be greatly appreciated 

What that means is that Santa Barbra already released a specific statement claiming anyone using the card handed out from them are not getting Direct Deposit stimulus return. 

Seems to me that we all learned a great lesson about Green Dot and Turbo tax through all this. A standard bank would have these answers but low end systems give low end results. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who thought, “ putting my money on anything related to green Dot simply doesn’t feel right” but..... We did it anyway and now I’m reminded to trust my instincts. What sucks is I have a Bank account with Citi but did not want to call them and spend 5 mins  to get my DD info as it doesn’t show on my citi app. 
I can promise that anyone with a Turbo Visa through Green Dot is getting money loaded that way but it still isn’t worth all the headache of having their own professionals being clueless and simply not around. 

I have the TurboCard, but didn’t pay any fees - my taxes were simple and were free. Did my refund end up going through SBTPG first, too? Or is that ONLY for fees?

Edit: I went to their website and tried to “look up” my account but apparently I’m not in the system at all.

Only for fees I believe

Your transaction was separate from SBTPG

@mrkprrt23 @kraal - let me provide an alternative explanation (and if I am wrong so be it)

the cards are NOT issued by TT (or SBTPG) -  they are NOT banks!!!  Greendot is a bank (google the routing number on your documents and see what google surfaces!)

TT employees SBTPG to process the tax payments - read their website and see what SBTPG does for a living!!! 

The refunds are sent by the IRS to GREENDOT to an account controlled by SBTPG.   SBTPG then strips off the fees that are due to TT, leaving you with the net.  Otherwise if the entire refund went directly to you, TT might never get its fees! this protects TT by getting their fees and you get the refund net of the fees.

That net refund is then put on a debit card which is sent to you (or if the card is already in your possession Greendot loads the card with the money).  The Card is issued Greendot bank "through SBPTG").  Greendot is a bank so you are then confident your money is secure because it is backed by the FDIC  (look at the card small print closely - I bet is says Greendot and not SBTPG or TT) .  SBTPG is a 'non-bank subsidiary" of Greendot and as a non-bank can't hold deposits - that is federal law! 

So let's look at the SBPTG website:

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

this is what the FAQ states: 

I paid for tax preparation using <<NCPERSON: which you did if TT took their fees from your refund>> Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will be distributing Economic Impact Payments directly to taxpayers and TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. << NCPERSON: that is because their role was solely to strip off the fees due TT and there are no fees in this case.>>  Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information, therefore our agents can not answer any questions regarding these payments.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.  <<NCPERSON: and if you had your TT fees subtracted from your refund it was done by SBTPG and the debit card was issued through SBTPG by Greendot!>>

this is certainly a mess (and I may be totally wrong!) and would encourage thinking 'worst case scenario' - meaning receiving a check.  I did read tonight that the IRS is supposed to have their new website available next week for taxpayers to update their direct deposit information. 

@SkyeLeigh1997 - look at my recent post..... you are on to something.... if you had fees taken out of your refund is one process involving SBTPG but if you did not have the fees taken out of your refund, that is a separate process and does NOT involve SBTPG. 

And that could explain why some are posting when the go to the SBTPG website they don't find their account listed - because they didn't have their fees taken from their refund.  In this case my bet is it is more likely the stimulus comes via DD. 

@NCperson so what happens in the case someone uses their bank account and not TurboTax card are they also getting a check?

This is correct that company issues their own card thru green dot but cannot be reloaded so if u didn't use them I think u are safe 

@zeven08 - when you submitted your tax return, if you requested your refund go directly to your bank account, that is straight forward - that is direct deposit on the stimulus (same result of you owed money and provided your bank account for an auto debit - -that is also direct deposit for the stimulus)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies