Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

We are currently waiting for the IRS guidelines regarding direct deposit information for all stimulus payments. We will have more information once the government finalizes those details. 

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

If I already filled but the irs send me a letter to confirm my  identity and. Home address  and holding my fefund  but I got the. TurboTax card since  I asked. For one of my checks. To be direct deposit to  it   and I still haven't gotten. My. Refund. Would. I need to worry about the stimulate check  would. It be  deposited to the. Card I got. From turbo tax

AGAIN ... there is no news yet ... watch for information here:

As of now the third party bank has not released any definitive information: 

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The current IRS plans are to issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check may be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office.

We are actively working with the IRS to determine how the Economic Impact Payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available. According to this message on the IRS website published March  30 the IRS will notify taxpayers when more details are available.

Keep checking here :   https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

How long will it take to get my ass kissed

Okay. I am reading over paperwork from turbo tax regarding if funds were taken out.  There are two terms used here: Bank and Processor (SBTPG).  From what I understand  your dd info is in fact on the return transmitted to the IRS.  When you file your return this temporary deposit acct is not opened by Bank until they receive acknowledgement from the IRS that your return has been efiled and accepted.  Bank creates the temporary deposit account from which Processor deducts any fees.  Neither Bank, nor the Processor are affiliated with Intuit (transmitter of you return).  So, this being said turbo tax which transmits your return, does not have access to this temporary deposit account created by Bank.  Which would mean they have to enter the correct dd on the tax return they send to the IRS (it is not until the tax return is filed and accepted by the IRS that this temporary account is opened by Bank).

@memacd62173 wrote:

Okay. I am reading over paperwork from turbo tax regarding if funds were taken out.  There are two terms used here: Bank and Processor (SBTPG).  From what I understand  your dd info is in fact on the return transmitted to the IRS.  When you file your return this temporary deposit acct is not opened by Bank until they receive acknowledgement from the IRS that your return has been efiled and accepted.  Bank creates the temporary deposit account from which Processor deducts any fees.  Neither Bank, nor the Processor are affiliated with Intuit (transmitter of you return).  So, this being said turbo tax which transmits your return, does not have access to this temporary deposit account created by Bank.  Which would mean they have to enter the correct dd on the tax return they send to the IRS (it is not until the tax return is filed and accepted by the IRS that this temporary account is opened by Bank).

Your understanding is incorrect. If you elected to have TurboTax fees deducted from your refund, the direct deposit info on your return as transmitted to the IRS is the temporary account at SBTPG's bank partner (usually Civista Bank) as provided to TurboTax *before* it sends the return, *not* your actual bank account or prepaid card (SBTPG uses that to forward you the balance after it deducts fees). That's why it's uncertain what will happen in that case, though SBTPG's announcement does give cause for hope.

kycats15
Returning Member

We chose to have the fees taken out of our return  sbptg, We had our refund dd to our checking account and that is the numbers shown on our 1040. Will our stimulus go directly to our checking account?

@kycats15 - read ANY of the responses on this now lengthy thread. No one really knows. 

what we do know is that if the payment is direct deposited, it is expected to occur between April 9th and April 14th per Treasury Secretary Mnuchin.  

by the 15th, you will have a better idea of what occurs.

also, the IRS is required by law to inform you within 15 days after the direct deposit / check is provided to you how much they sent and how they sent it. 

@Critter just so you know pre paid cards, almost all ive ever used, can be used to write checks and also the account can go negative. If i have a bill come out before i get paid or if i just need some gas til payday. My account will still let me make transactions even if i have literally less than a dollar. So Maybe you should do some simple googling before you make all these comments about things you know NOTHING about!

WHEN I FILL MY TAXES DO I AUTOMATICALLY BECOME APPROVED FOR THE STIMULUS CHECK ???

yes , assuming your income is below the limit.  if you filed in 2018, you are already 'good to go'.

@Kayshep 

did you not create an online account when you received your turbo tax debit card?  Go there and report you card lost or stolen.  I think some people are really confused.  You can’t access the card info here.  Yes it says my turbo card, but it’s issued through Green Dot Bank. 

Yea I made a online  acc  but. Why should I report it stolen for   I just wanna. Know. If. The stimulate check gonna . Got get. Deposit it to my acc.  In that card. Or not. I already  filed my  taxes  in  turbo tax. It for approve but still watting. On them. To confirm my identity and. Home address 

Will the stimulus payment be deposited to my turbo debit card that I used for my 2019 tax refund? Please answer yes or no (and if no what I can do to change my direct deposit info) do not link to a page that is filled with info I do not need and make me search through links only to find no real answer thank you.

The ONLY answer right now is MAYBE ... until the IRS & the third party bank come to an arrangement no one knows for sure ... watch here for info when available : 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies