Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

if you are on Social Security and you receive it by direct deposit (which most all recipients do) , the social security administration will be sharing that information with the IRS;l nothing for you to do. 

Steve1120

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Yes, absolutely, It WILL be deposited on your Turbo Debit Card. In fact, your Turbo debit card is a card for your checking account at Green Dot Bank situated in city Pasadena, state California (CA). Yes, when you agreed to get a Turbo Debit card the Intuit opened a checking account on your name at Green Dot Bank (routing number [social security number removed]). Your account number may be found on form 1040 line 21b. You can use this account for your salary direct deposit, you can order checks and etc. So, your stimulus payment will be deposited to this account and you can access the account using your Turbo debit card. It is anticipated that funds will be on your account by April 10,2020.

Thank you I spoke to someone at Intuit yesterday she explained that the stimulus funds will go on intuit card but IRD will be setting up a link on IRS website that gives option we can give them new account information and routing number if we want it to go there

ATTENTION ALL WHO HAVE A TT VISA DEBIT CARD ....

The tax refund got to the card one of 2 ways ... either you already had the card in your possession and had the refund go from the IRS to that card directly ... in this case the IRS has the routing/bank numbers to the card for the stimulus check ... you are fine.

BUT ... if you had the refund go to a third party processing bank to have the TT fees withheld from the fed refund and THEN the balance was sent to your personal bank account or debit card or newly issued TT card there is still a question as to how the  stimulus check will be handled.  NORMALLY the temporary account at the processing bank is CLOSED once the transfer happens.  But things are not normal now ...  so it is unknown if the IRS & processing banks can coordinate the stimulus deposits.  If they cannot then the stimulus checks will either be mailed   UNLESS  the IRS gets the mentioned portal open so taxpayers can update their DD info.   

Worse that can happen is a check is mailed to the address on the last filed tax return ... if your address is not current then mail in a form 8822 NOW.

TurboTax cards do fall under the category of direct deposit. My roommate has used the card, and when the IRS deposited his federal refund it states in your transaction history that it’s DD (direct deposit). Also if you go to your 2019 return, and click “download PDF”, your return statement will pop up and you’ll see your TurboTax cards routing number and account number listed in the direct deposit boxes.

Our TurboTax cards ARE technically through a bank, just not a commercial bank like FirstMerit or Chase.

If you decided to use the TurboTax card, the IRS does indeed have that direct deposit information in their system. We will be fine.

That's awesome! I just wish I could get a confirmation from the company itself! 

That wasn't toward you but them. 

Thanks for the info! 

Read past posts on this thread. The DD number on your return is not the same as the turbocard. The IRS deposits money into the sbtpg bank to take out the filing fees then sbtpg sends the money to your card. The IRS does not have your card DD information. 

Correct

Me too i hope so too thank u

My paycheck goes on the same card. I have called them already they t ok old me that it will be opened back up just for that purpose.

cholt170
Returning Member

Yea

the DD info on your return does indeed match your card and if you use direct deposit for your paycheck you will see it matches. The IRS has the information from your tax forms so I would assume that this is the banking number it will get. The other agreement is allowing the third party bank to act on your behalf BEFORE the direct deposit is done however at this point that agreement does not exist the IRS will get its info from your tax filling aka your form info

This has been my point the entire time .... it depends on what method you used ...

Method 1 ... the tax refund went from the IRS directly to the card just like a paycheck would. Debit cards can get direct deposits and reloads. (your card's DD info is on your return)

Method 2 ... you had the refund sent to a third party processing bank so you can have the TT fees paid and the balance sent to the card.   When you choose this option a TEMPORARY (one time use) account number is issued for this purpose only  (this temp account  number is  on your return and NOT the debit card info) and this temp account is automatically closed once it performs the task it was meant for.   This is the situation that is under consideration ... will/can  the temp account the IRS has on file be reactivated in time for the stimulus check? 

The IRS has posted they are working on a way for taxpayers to update DD info ... if this will work is still TBD.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Answers to this and other processing bank questions is still TBD. https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies