Solved: Re: COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people wh... - Page 3

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I'm not sure why ur sayn that the stimulus relief package hasn't been passed. It most certainly has! They went back & forth for DAYS on what to do, but it finally went through & President Trump signed the bill today. He wanted it to go thru so he signed it with a quickness! If you aren't sure how the powers that be are going to handle this (whether thr goin to allow checks to go on the debit card our Income tax went on) then just say you don't have the info yet, but don't say that the bill hasn't been passed & confuse people that might not know any better because it most certainly has & the president has already signed it so it's a for sure thing now. Hopefully they will provide you with that information soon & then you can let us know something.  Thank you. 

GOOD GRIEF ... THE INK IS NOT YET DRY ON THAT LAW ... NOW THE REAL WORK BEGINS.  THE IRS MUST NOW APPLY THE LAW AS BEST THEY CAN WITH A DIMINISHED STAFF DURING THIS VIRUS SITUATION.  EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE PATIENT as the checks could take a month or more to be dispersed.   

Turbotax has this site with up to date info that is known at this time ... check it and the IRS site every couple of days for the latest information :

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

You're lucky to get the stimulus check

You should be lucky to get the payment..now everyone is so greedy and needs it now on a card. relax and wait an extra week  You should be ok..

It’s approved 

Is the turbo card considered a direct deposit?

Is the turbo card considered direct deposit

But the irs site will not have the answer to if turbo tax cards are considered direct deposit. You could tell people if the turbo card is considered direct deposit by intuit/turbotax. That would answer the question with out liability.

That's not what people are worried about? They have said the stimulus checks were getting sent to the same dd as your return so people who filed with tt are simply trying to see if they as adults need to handle anything on there behalf like calling or filing paper work with another bank account or a mailing address. The goverment said they wanted to handle this quickly so people are trying to have there part done so the IRS can handle that. If the turbo card doesn't accept the depoist it will get shot back and then the IRS will then have to cut a check and mail it out. Some people are really struggling and anxious to be able to get some since of life back to normalcy. So people are necessarily stressing the money they are jist trying to make sure there responsibilities are taken care of.

@Llewis8432  You obviously don’t understand the question and if you do I guess Ignorance is truly bliss. 

So now that the package has been fully approved,  are we able to receive the stimulus payments via prepaid turbo card or do we have to wait for the check in the mail?  

Isnt our turbo tax card considered direct deposit since we can use it as a pay card? 

Isnt it dd info??

See I filed my taxes, it was direct deposited onto a turbo card and then I moved. I wanted to know if that would be the same bank info for the stimulus deposit. In the meantime, I will file a change of address but I figured that would take ages to process. I did have my mail forwarded but the irs doesn't forward checks. 

It's a fair question to ask on the Turbo Tax question forum. 

I'm actually interested in this as well. I too have the prepaid Visa card from filing through TurboTax and I'd like to know if I would be getting the 2020 Stimulus relief check direct deposited to the same card? If not will there be any way to change how we get it? I also moved after I filed my taxes, and received it. I did call the IRS to change my address about 2 weeks ago and it went through.

When will you give us an option to change to direct deposit? I do not want to wait 4 months to receive my paper stimulus check. I feel like an option to change to direct deposit on turbo tax should’ve been offered already.