turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@mcphersonsean20 -because the IRS hasn't figured it out yet....... patience!!!!!!

worst case scenario:  you will get a check in the mail! 

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

AGREED ... if you are so interested  just  LOOK   for yourself here several times a day ... then you can post back with the answer when it is available ...  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

@mcphersonsean20 - I thought of another way of getting an answer - or at least contacting the person responsible for the answer.

please call Charles Rettig's office.  (google him!),  

LOL  🤣😁

I really wish they would answer some questions on here!

Thank you SO much!  Just having a concrete place to visit that has information on this question is such a relief. I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to post these links

Fresh off the press ... still not a lot of info yet ... 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Brephelps
Returning Member

found on IRS website..
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Yes ... that was from the IRS web site that I posted a couple of minutes ago 

Im i getting it on my turbo card the stimulus check???

Now that the COVID-19 Bill has been passed can the question be answered as to whether or not the people that have already filed and received this years returns through the Turbo card green dot whatever it is will be able to have the opportunity to input their checking account info so we can receive the stimulus through direct deposit rather than however long a paper check just may take. 

@Bossdog963 wrote:

Now that the COVID-19 Bill has been passed can the question be answered as to whether or not the people that have already filed and received this years returns through the Turbo card green dot whatever it is will be able to have the opportunity to input their checking account info so we can receive the stimulus through direct deposit rather than however long a paper check just may take. 

See this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Will stimulus payment be able to be loaded onto turbotax debit cards

How come there had been no answer to this question ? I'm in the same boat and I'm sure there are plenty others who are wondering the same.

@Flamikep wrote:

How come there had been no answer to this question ? I'm in the same boat and I'm sure there are plenty others who are wondering the same.

The answer was posted a couple posts back by DoninGA. 

The IRS will use the direct deposit information  on your 2019 or 2018 *tax return* if possible.

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies