Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Quackie

Cost to efile

Turbotax quoted me a $30 price to for the Deluxe edition (discounted price from my bank).

But when I then chose to efile, the final bill showed a $70 amount: $30, plus $40 for filing.

Are they really planning to charge me $40 extra dollars just to efile my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Cost to efile

There is no additional fee to e-file a federal return.  Did you by opt for an add-on feature?  Use the instructions in the TurboTax FAQ linked below to review your TurboTax fees before e-filing.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online/0...

You may be able to reduce those fees by removing something in your fees.  See the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-can-i-do-to-reduce-my-fees/00/26051

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
edseladkins
Returning Member

Cost to efile

I do not work and have very little interest and dividend income. I do not qualify for a return on federal or state tax return. I paid for Turbo Tax Premier so we could file my daughters taxes which we already submitted. Now I can efile my federal which is included in Premier at no extra charges but do I have to pay for my state efile? So far we have efile federal & State for my daughter. Will I have to pay the efile fee on my State taxes even though

my income is below the minimum is below the amount to have to file taxes on both federal & state?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Cost to efile

@edseladkins For products, pricing and what is included, please click this link TurboTax Products and Pricing

Find out which TurboTax desktop software product is right for you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies