turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot amend 2020 return. TurboTax not accepting the payment date.

My 2020 return was accepted by the IRS and payment was made. I now need to amend my return and remove one of my dependents. When I attempt to e-file the amended return, TurboTax says "we need a little more information before you e-file" and then "Correct your payment date." I've entered 3-4 different dates within the stated range but then the process just repeats. It is not accepting my payment date. I think it's a bug. Anyone else having this problem? It also shows a total amount due of the prior tax bill + the additional $498 tax due, which also appears to be a bug. I would print and file manually, but it's 48 pages long.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Instead of entering a payment date, select that you will pay by check.  Then the IRS will make the adjustments needed and notify you of the amount that you need to pay.  

Thanks for the suggestion Mary. I don't think this changes the fact that this is a bug in TurboTax however. Ideally, they'll fix it and I can just e-file and be done with it.

Sierra225

My signature date isn't being accepted to e-file my amended return similar to this problem.  It says it has to be prior to 12/31/2021 but it also auto enters today's date.  I should have 2 years to file an amended return, so why doesn't turbotax accept today's date?

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

We apologize for the inconvenience, please contact us at customer support so we can further assist you.

@Sierra225

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies