turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dreinhard47
Returning Member

Can I download my 2018 return? Changed computers so need another way to get my 2018 return on this computer.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Can I download my 2018 return? Changed computers so need another way to get my 2018 return on this computer.

If you completed your 2018 return using the TurboTax CD/Download software, but can no longer access the computer where you downloaded your return, your best bet is to obtain a copy of your return from the IRS.  Learn how to order a free copy of your transcript or a paid copy of your full return here.

If you completed your 2018 tax return in TurboTax Online, follow the steps listed in the following FAQ to download and/or print a copy of your 2018 return:  How do I get a copy of the 2018 return I filed in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have access to my old computer. Can I transfer my 2018 file to my new computer so Turbo 2019 can access it?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes. For instructions on how to securely move your tax file to your new computer please click the link below.

How do I move my tax data file to another computer ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies