Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone else get this error: Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again.

@HeatherPLO Please stop directing people to call in when not one employee at turbo tax has any idea that this issue with the refund advance is even going on. I have spent hours on the phone. 

Anyone else get this error: Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again.

This was posted earlier And it worked for me too!

SO after many days of fighting with the loop I finally figured it out...

You email used for Turbo must be the same as the email used to log into credit Karma.

SO what I did was...

1.) Went to Credit Karma website I unlinked the Turbo account.

2.) Went to Turbo website and updated my email address to the same as my email address for Credit Karma (which I had set up long before turbo linked up with credit Karma)

3.) signed out and back into Turbo and low and behold it went right through.

Dont know if each step was 100% needed but it worked for me in that way so I figured I would let yall know.

Hopefully none of you followed the advice of the "professionals" and just went ahead with the direct deposit like I was told to do by MULTIPLE of them.

@Curbin200 I am already using the same email address for both turbo tax and credit karma ☹️

Thanks for the advice curbin but my email address for credit karma and turbo tax has been the same for 8years now. I was made to do the credit karma spend account even after clearing my cache and going back into turbo tax four times. Ended up doing the spend account after using my turbo tax card for 8 with no problems with the refund advance and here I am stuck now because turbo tax has no idea what’s going on, 

Ccross87
Returning Member

Nothing is working 

@Allygogo21  Both of my emails were also the same but I just got mine to work finally! I went to credit karma and updated my email to a different email address and then went to turbo tax and updated that account to that same email address. Verify both. Log back into turbo tax and it FINALLY let me e file!! 

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

@Allygogo21, to qualify for the refund advance this year, part of the requirements is to open a checking account with Credit Karma Money Spend. For more information, please click here.

I have the money spend account and I downloaded the virtual credit karma card to my virtual wallet. No money still …

Thanks Jess. I was able to efile on Jan 19th irs accepted Jan 21 no advance yet 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the FAQs here for the Refund Advance.  

For any questions on the Refund Advance, please reach out to Credit Karma customer service here for further assistance.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just got off the phone with them after holding for an hour. They said questions should be directed to turbo tax lol smh. I’m done I don’t even care anymore. It’s a waste of time everyone 

I just updated emails, it did not help either. This is ridiculous. I think I will be taking my taxes somewhere else.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

We have escalated this issue and we appreciate your patience in this matter. 

Please try the suggestion here to see if this will assist further in being able to process your return.  If this doesn't work, please let us know in the thread and we will be happy to assist futher.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It says username and password incorrect. I think turbotax needs to get there stuff together!

Unfortunately I thinks its a waste of time as well. I will give them until Friday.

After that its straight to my local tax prep company,most offer no credit check 0% refund advances if u don't mind the fees. 

So we got options people.Time to Explore!!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies