turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

But how long does it take to show it was received?

I sent it almost 7 weeks ago and it still isn't showing in the website.  I called and was told not to send it in again.  They still don't see it either.  

Normally they say you can start checking on Amended returns after 3 weeks.  But these are not normal times.  It will take a long time to show up at the IRS.

Thanks!

Zach250

So question. After adjusted everything I called it was mailed to old address then got sent back gave them new address said it could take 2 weeks to receive my amended refund. So mailed out on July 12th they said yesterday was the 26th. Exactly how long is it taking for them to mail us these things? How long should it take to get to someone after they said it was sent?

Talked to someone Friday, said it was with a caseworker, still nothing showing up. It has been 20 weeks. I believe I will be lucky if it shows up next July. Why don't they hire all the unemployed at rhe irs. Good luck.

I agree. Hire some people to get those amended returns taken care of. This is ridiculous!

How long did it take between it being adjusted til you got ur refund money?

What number did u call for that???

Me too.. Been waiting and waiting and waiting ugh finally said adjusted now let's how long before I get my refund... I hope soon 

I called the 1-800-829-0582 number and then the extension 653. That is the number from the what's my amended refund site that they gave me. I remember calling repeatedly until i got through and then the hold time was over 2 hours. As it turned out the apartment that was made was nothing and the return is still processing. So i call about every 2 weeks and wait on hold just to be told it's still processing and there is delays..0.o starting to think that maybe I will see my 2020 return before the 2019 is done... Or who knows the 2020 that i filed in April might take another year? I would just like one or the other please lol.

Number removed.. Let's try this lol one eight hundred eight two nine zero five eight two. I hope this helps.

When will I get my refund 

@Donald1006 wrote:

When will I get my refund 

Go to this IRS website for amended tax return FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/filing/amended-return-frequently-asked-questions

I amended my taxes this year through turbo tax on May 10th. I just checked the status of it and it says they made an adjustment to my tax record and I will receive a notice within 3 weeks but they didn't complete it on the site or put if I was getting a refund or not. This is my first time ever amending my taxes so I don't know the process and why they don't fill in the 3rd step in the process on the 'Where's my amended return " site. Seems odd why they wouldn't just complete it when they already know the answer so here i gotta wait up to 3 weeks to find out if I got a refund and for how much. The irs sure loves drama because they keep everyone in suspense when dealing with them. Lol 

Can anyone please help me with understanding what they mean with the outcome they gave me and any one else experience this and if so is it a good sign I'm getting a return or bad and I'm not 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies