Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dgjtools
Returning Member

Amended Return - $10,800 Unemployment Tax Credit

I efiled an amended federal 2020 return in the beginning of April 2021 for three reasons:  (1) a missed W2, (2) $10,800 Unemployment Tax credit, and (3) a missed Education Credit.  According to "where's my amended return," the amended return has been received, adjusted and completed.  However, the correspondence and refund that I received is only for the Unemployment Tax Credit.  They made no adjustments for the missed W2 or the missed Education Credit.  These two add up to about a $1,000 refund.  I'm not sure what I should do next. Wait? or File another amended return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

WAIT----do not jump the gun.    It has been taking the IRS about six months to process amended returns--so it would be kind of surprising if they are really done with an amended return you sent in April.   (And by the way---the amount of unemployment not subject to federal tax is $10, 200 )    Wait until you actually receive the refund.  When the IRS sends a refund for an amended return they send a check via first class mail to the address on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
dgjtools
Returning Member

The refund for the unemployment tax credit was direct deposited  and the letter/notice I received says nothing about an amended return.  It just says that my 2020 form 1040 was adjusted to correct  your unemployment compensation.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies