turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Mrsaldana13
Returning Member

After verifying identity 4883C, how long does it really take? Especially if you claimed EITC

I filed on the 1/27 didn't get info about verification till March I verified march 10 it still says I'm processing return no other information and due to virus no live IRS help just automatics only Choice is to wait it out right?? I'll probably receive stimulus before refund huh??

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After verifying identity 4883C, how long does it really take? Especially if you claimed EITC

Please see the information the IRS has listed regarding verification below:

What happens after I verify online or after I call?

We’ll continue processing your return. It will take approximately six weeks to process.

Continue to monitor the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is 2021! I received a 4883c, 5 months ago I haven't heard or seen anything about my refund, stimulus checks, ( I've only received the very first one of $1200. It was by mail, I've already lost everything but my dog my daughter n law is paying for my phone. I started drawing Early retirement check of 773. A month That's not much I'm a 62 year old woman who has worked since I was 13  I had to get a workers permit back then so I've worked 50 years and only received that, I'm trying desperately to get my disability this makes my 3rd time. God nothing has come easy for me, I'm one of those people that always get pushed back to the back of the line on things but I keep trudging through and silently fighting for myself cause no one will ever help much. But I keep trying, I NEED HELP TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY MONEY!!

How did you find the irs office? And what happened exactly if you don't mind me asking?

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

The IRS site with information on Letter 4883c currently has:

After we successfully verify your identity, we’ll process your tax return. It may take up to 9 weeks to receive your refund or credit any over-payment to your account.

There is more information directly at their page IRS Letter4883c

Tam22

I filed 1/31,waited until March12th to call them but I was getting the “delay beyond normal time” message on WMR. They said I was under review and to check back within 60 days normally but 120 because of the coronavirus. Heck no! I’ve been calling every week since then. I then received a verification ID letter. I did it online and called yesterday To verify over the phone finally after 2 hours of being on hold. She told me she adjusted some things after I verified and Ide have to wait 9 weeks to see my refund. Has anyone experienced this before and what was the outcome?

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, this is a normal IRS process that has been slowed down due to COVID. Once you get through the identity part you are on the home stretch. Nothing to do now but wait.

@Tam22

I have been waiting since end of February? I had to confirm I'd theft and relieved a letter that they received it and have been waiting like 3 weeks? Constantly says being processed. 

TomK100
Expert Alumni

According to the IRS website: "After you verify your identity and tax return information using this service, it may take up to 9 weeks to complete the processing of the return. Visit Where’s My Refund? or use the IRS2Go mobile app 2-3 weeks after using this service to check your refund status."

@Kittkatt2016

I got a letter over 8 weeks ago still on processing

ducketts

Here's the flat out truth, the government will hit you with penalties for being late but do not even have to give you a legit reason  why your payment is past due. 11 going on 12 weeks now no letter no nothing. Its my motorcycle money, know my luck it'll be just in time for winter might just get a snowmobile instead. SMDH

Frisco_phillyb
Returning Member

After you verify your identity at the irs , how long does it really take to get your refund ? Or how long does it take for your irs status to change from being reviewed to approved ? 

Frisco_phillyb
Returning Member

So how long did it really take to receive your refund exactly? 

Frisco_phillyb
Returning Member

Does it really take 9 weeks exactly? Or longer or less ? 

Frisco_phillyb
Returning Member

So did it really take 9 weeks or longer or less ? 

Manage cookies