Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mletot
Returning Member

After submitting our returns and e-filing, we get an error saying to update the software but we're using the website, not the software. So what do we do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

After submitting our returns and e-filing, we get an error saying to update the software but we're using the website, not the software. So what do we do?

Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try again.

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mletot
Returning Member

Hello, I really wish it were easier to contact someone live. We are active duty military stationed overseas and cannot use a US # to call.  We've done our taxes online the last 4-5 years and for some reason this year, it sees everything and says it all looks good and then we get an error when trying to e-file. PLEASE tell me what to do next?  I've already cleared cache and deleted cookies. It still won't work

Help!

E-filing acceptance date is a bit later this year than in past (Feb 12th for the IRS and the majority of States are following suit) and that might be the reason for the error message you are receiving. However, I have not yet heard of others getting a message to update their software when using the 100% online software. I am guessing that this is not the first year that you have been overseas but still used TurboTax, based on your statement above. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies