Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Address changing

I applied for tax refund and It approved today but they didn't accept my bank account and they want to send a check, I moved abroad after I apply , what can I do?

1 Reply
Level 15

Address changing

For a federal refund you can put a change of address (form 8822), see the following FAQ

How do I change my address with the IRS?


From the instructions of the 8822 form:
Foreign Address
Follow the country’s practice for entering the postal code. Please do not abbreviate the


If you have a state refund, you can check your states website for their change of address form.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**