turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmackin
Returning Member

Account Closed Suddenly and No Access To My Money.

Yesterday my Turbo Visa Debit card account was closed w/o my knowledge. I have over 1k in my account and cannot access my money. I called the number [phone number removed]. That number is useless. After entering my card# and SSN, I get the following message -- "This account is closed. Goodbye."

I've searched these forums here and NO ONE from Intuit Turbo Card is answering. So much for the so-called "experts" here. 

I've filed a complaint with the BBB and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  And I'd advise others with the same problem to do the same. 

Perhaps Intuit themselves will give me satisfaction with a correct response. Not expecting that though, since no one else w. the same problem is getting an official response.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
Amanda48

That happen to me too idk what to do have any ideas 

jmackin
Returning Member

I found this posted about 15 minutes ago under the same question from another person:

Ok so after calling  and SPEAKING  TO A LIVE PERSON Lol its green dot holding funds due to the fraud that's been going on!!!!! So there doing a identification check for funds once we're clear funds will be back on !!! We don't need to do anything  as far as call n check in there doin it all on there own...once clear we can spend again !!! It's my money and I need it nowwwww 

•  

Green Dot did identify an issue that impacted some accounts. Any affected accounts should now be open and accessible. If you are still experiencing issues you will need to reach out to Green Dot directly at 1-866-795-7597

get everyone you know to bombard the federal trade commission site and the treasury dept

• My account  is  closed  all suddenly  what can i do

Green Dot did identify an issue that impacted some accounts. Any affected accounts should now be open and accessible. If you are still experiencing issues you will need to reach out to Green Dot directly at 1-866-795-7597

They closed my grrendot accout and i can't access to my moneyAnd i have fund inside it 

@Marywarner233

No one in this user forum can access your Visa account or help with it.

For help with your pre-paid Visa card:

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

LOST CARD

Ignore the prompt asking for your card number.  Choose #1 for lost, stolen, or cards never received, then choose #2, enter SS# if prompted and continue following the instructions.

The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Same problem. When I go to put in my birthday it tells me invalid. NO ONE TO SPEAK TO COMPLETE FRUAD 

Does not work

Mae5

This doesn’t work, and they don’t answer the phones what so ever. From what I’m getting I feel like they’re not doing their job. Green Dot bank needs to get people money out to them and shut down. Worst company I ever encountered and I’m not filing taxes with Turbo Tax again. Also reaching out to the IRS Monday morning when they open

They finally responded to my email they basically f*cked us once the account is closed it’s closed have to wait and see if the irs puts the non filers tool back up so we can update payment info turbo card is a piece of **bleep** 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing has happened to me as well I wake up get on line check my card it says my account has been closed idk why I called the number nothing no one will pick up says my account been closed and it hangs up I’m not sure why but turbo tax my names Joseph Burrus and I’ll never use y’all again for nothing y’all are a joke to do this to people 

My account was closed with out my knowledge. I tried calling yesterday multiple times and they either hung up on me or disconnected the call. I tried to reach them through email and no response. I tried to use the website for contact and it gives me a chat box with very little choices and then they dont respond to the inquiry after it says it connects to someone. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies