turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

846 code then 810

Hello guys maybe someone can help me. Recently filed my return everything was fine. Refund issue date 7-22-22. I am an 05 cycle group so recently last Friday my transcript updated to an 810 freeze with nothing else. No one at the irs seems to have a straight answer but I can’t tell if my refund was sent out or stopped before it was. Refund says it was mailed out 7-22-22 on WMR. But the 810 code on my transcripts worries me. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

846 code then 810

Not much you can do but wait for the IRS to either mail you the check or a notice to respond to.  

846 code then 810

What are the chances that the refund was actually stopped before it was able to be issued ?

846 code then 810

99%

846 code then 810

Yeah.. honestly but thanks for the info 

846 code then 810

Looks like they froze the payment ... the check was slated to be mailed out on the 22nd however it looks like it was stopped on the 18th ... thus it did not go outbased on the timeline posted.  Only the IRS can tell you for sure : 

Only the IRS controls when and if a tax refund is Approved and Sent.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

Then press 4 for all other inquiries.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

846 code then 810

Yeah I called yesterday a couple times but couldn’t get a certain answer. One agent said it looks like it was sent out and a letter explaining more would come after, and the other says it’s possible it could’ve been stopped before it got out. I just want a certain answer so I can stop stressing but thank you for your help I appreciate it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies