turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

My wmr Page updated to 2/8/2020 so what does that make me a weekly or daily

@amykitts4 that's exactly what TT gave me. My estimated direct deposit date for 2 / 17 / 2020

@bharkless84 your WMR updated to a DDD of 2/8/2020? Or it updated on 2/8?

But wmr doesn't have any kind of updates it just has the path act message on there I got hacked last year it was April before I got my taxes

How did u get hacked?

I filed on the 3rd and I still just have the 1 bar. I have no path act message either. I filed my bfs and he has the message and bars disappeared 

Someone in California tried to use my name and social security number to file taxes with my kids it was a huge mess last year

@bharkless84  Mines updates only on Saturdays for years. So you may be a weekly. Weekly is you update only on one day which is Saturday and usually get ur DD on Wednesday or Friday so I was told. Every year for 3 years I updated 2/17 a Saturday and got  my refund 2/22. 

@ericka9491 

Everyone under the path act updates weekly. Per the IRS manual ( I'll find the link to it here in a bit ) 

Every Path Act return has a c freeze hold on the account forcing it to update on Saturdays only. 

Reason being for the IRS to process them with extra time to make sure the credits and income are legit. And so the system does not release the return before the 15th all willy nilly. 

After the 15th the path act lifts and you go back to you normal cycle of either daily or weekly. 

I tested this theory and it's true. I found a 2018 Transcript before the path act lifted and it ended in 05 meaning Weekly cycle updating and I ordered the same transcript last week from 2018 and got it in yesterday and the cycle code ended in 04 meaning daily on Wednesdays. 

The same happened to 2017 transcripts as well. When you are done processing you are posted with a weekly cycle code  then hit with the path act message with the c freeze on the account forcing it to update on Saturdays only. When the Path Act lifts we all get the ''you return is processing'' message again I believe this mean it really is processing to get you off the path act weekly cycle and posted to you normal daily cycle.

That is when they transfer it from one IMF module to another. 

Hope that makes sense but yes I have two different cycle codes for my 2018 tax return and for 2019. Before path act its 05 ending cycle code after its 04 cycle code. Hopefully we will see updates starting this Wednesday during their daily cycle mass update/ 

Here's the IRS manual on  the c code freeze code for path act accounts. 

C- Freeze
The C- freeze is set when there is:
Refund holds, refer to IRM 21.5.6.4.5.1, C- Freeze - Refund Holds.
Offset overflow - The offset storage within IDRS is not large enough to hold all generated transactions.
A credit balance has been completely offset and two or more debit modules still exist. Refer to IRM 3.14.1.6.11.3, Offset Overflow Freeze (C-).
21.5.6.4.5.1 (02-25-2019)
C- Freeze - Refund Holds
The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015 (the PATH Act), was enacted on December 18, 2015. The PATH Act contains several changes to the tax law that affect individuals, families, and businesses, and help safeguard against tax fraud. The PATH Act mandates that the IRS not issue any refund on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15th.
All current year tax returns that claim EITC and/or ACTC filed before February 15th, will contain a C- freeze on the account, to hold the refund.
Prior to February 15th, the refund cannot be released:
by inputting any type of adjustment to the account
due to a hardship (hardships will not be considered as long as the C- freeze is on the account). This includes the part of the refund that is not associated with the EITC or ACTC.
The C- freezes will be systemically released on February 15th for modules processed daily, and on the first Thursday after February 15th for modules processed weekly. If February 15th falls on a Thursday, both daily and weekly modules will be systemically released on the 15th. Module processing can be found in the upper right corner on CC IMFOL. Refer to IRM 21.4.1.4, Refund Inquiry Response Procedures, and IRM 21.4.1.4.2, Return/Refund Located, for additional information.
21.5.6.4.6 (10-01-2010)

@BB2019  my wmr update from 1 bar to the path message on 2/7/2029(Friday) not the 2/8/2020.

Filed 1/26/20

Accepted 1/28/20

Path message 2/7/20

@ericka9491 thanks for that info.

@ericka9491 @Hey girl seems like our returns get processed around the same time every year.

@caron1981  That is not true because I don’t have a freeze code on mine if you mean that it’s supposed to be on the transcripts 

@ddenese80 

They dont put that code on your transcripts. Only Trans action codes go on your transcripts such as TV 570 which is hard freeze. Tc 971, TV 846 for a refund. A c code hard freeze is not a transaction. It's an internal irs thing. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies