turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

this my first year lol.. But yeah i heard this last year as well.

So on Wednesday and Saturday it’s a Mass updates 

@Shottamike23 

Yes however, everyone on Path Act updates on Saturdays in the weee hours of the morning. 

Even if you are a daily update by your cycle code. Since you are under path it automatically puts you in the weekly rotation UNTIL after the 15th then you go back to either daily or weekley. 

Straight from the IRS hanedbook/ Manual....I've been through it for school and it's a beast. 

@Msu88 yes the path act did. Why do u think ppl HAVE THE PATH message?! Go sit down somewhere 

Looks like most of us wont know anything until Saturday. Maybe sooner if lucky 

More than likely your next update will be a no bar processing message on your wmr. PATH lifts on the 16th and goes to a generic processing message. Then on the 17th your delivery date should show up. That's how its happened every year. People think they get a deposit date on the 15th. IRS manual clearly states path lifts and its updated a day later. Odds are if you are still at 1 bar then you will not update to the path message.  Just because your wmr is not reflecting the path doesn't mean your are still processing.  It just means your wmr has not updated. IRS holds all updates until Saturday for both transcripts and wmr. You could be done processing right now its just the IRS computers has not updated anything. 

Understand ever since path act started there has been a 20% increase year over year for the last 3 year for people filing early. 

That severely bogs done the irs specially when people mess up on their returns and the batch gets re routed around the messed up returns. We're talking millions of filers in the first week alone.

Hang tight yall be ok. 

Mine usually updates every year same time. We will survive yaw we just gotta hang tight. One more day closer to weekend 

@caron1981 mine might have been a fluke but my second year of the PATH Act I received my return on the 15th.

Again could have been a fluke but not out of the realm of possibility 

@nick112207 nothing is out of the realm of possibility with the irs. 

Although it is possible you could see the refund before the IRS says they release the refund there are no guarantees they will send it early ... so everyone should not expect the refund until the first week of March and rejoice if you get it sooner.  

Quote from IRS : 

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15. 

last two years always before the 22nd

so ya think saturday night we’ll see something then a date on the 17th??

So on 2/17 all earlier filer should get a DDD

So if this serves me right... My 21 day is on the 16th of February.. if I'm counting the weekends too. Like I said before my TT timeline has it as my ddd for the 17th. For the past 2 years I got it on the 16th. I'm using a pre paid card where I can get paid up to 2 days earlier.🤔🤔

I hate the path act

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies