Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

My bar is gone and now I just have a message saying your tax return is still being processed.  What does this mean? 

Hello. I understand that the IRS will not begin processing returns with the EITC or CTC until February 15 at least, but does this also effect the state return too? Will states returns claiming those credits also be delayed? I was accepted 1/28

@Mmiller886  It depends on a few factors. When was your acceptance  date? Do you have EITC and/or ACTC or tuition credits? I’ve noticed that some are getting the Path Act message and some haven’t.

@CMFlunk  State returns are not impacted by EITC nor ACTC (Path Act). It depends on your state as to when the state return will be accepted. The two are separate. I hope this helps!

@Lvlybrneyes37  I was accepted the 27th. And I claimed whatever I could with 3 kids. I had the progress bar up till last night. Now no bar or path message 

I have the same thing happen. I think nhi it just means they are updating their systems.

I still have the bar and being processed message along with the the tax topic 152 at the bottom. 

@Mmiller886  There’s been a lot of speculation and controversy regarding the “still being processed” message. IMO, your return is literally still being processed and it may take a little longer that the estimated 21 days. WMR will update telling you your next steps (if needed) or you’ll see approved and a DDD. You could try to call to get more info, but it’s a 50/50 chance that you reach someone willing to give you more info, considering that you’re not past the 21 days yet.

i filed 1/23/20

accepted  1/23/20

still has one bar and says "still being processed" with topic 152

Filed and accepted 1/27/20 had 1 bar changed this morning to PATH act message. 

@Lvlybrneyes37  just got the path message this morning. im

hoping for a 2/15 ddd.. that’s when i got it last year..

Just checked a bunch of other forums and people are getting mixed results on their WMR like we are. 

Some got the Path Act this morning, some got the  no bars and processing message and some stayed on the 1 bar tax topic 152 from before. I guess it all depends on what batch you're in. I think 1 year I updated on the 1st and the next was the 5th. 

Mine too of course.  I read something that said that there would not even be a status update until around Feb 15th and refunds SHOULD drop STARTING Feb 22nd.  There may be a 1-2 day delay because of the President's Day holiday.

Every year for like the past 4 or 5 years now.

I read Feb 22nd

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies