turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

There's just no need to get heated about the Path Act. I agree it kind of sucks and I was not that pleased with it the first year BUT after the first 2 years of it and it going the way they said it would aka update after the 15th and DD date for the next I got over it. Remember transparency is not in the government or the IRS's vocabulary specially not for the general public. 

I fled 1/24

Transmitted on the 27th at 12:02 am 1/27

Accepted at 9:05pm on the 28th

I am at the processing/tax topic 152 message as of today 1/29

I remember the previous years it went to the path act message  the tax topic general message around Feb 10. When you see the Path Act message appear on WMR you can order transcripts which generally means you are done processing but no refund until after the 15th. 

Most people get mad when they don't see an update on the 15th, it'AFTER the 15th not on. I always got my dd date on the 16th around 6am in the morning.  WMR updates once a day and mainly in the over night hours. 

Filed 1/28 accepted the same day and on one bar with WMR so just waiting on path act now

My refund just hit my bank 5 minutes ago good luck to the rest of you Hallelujah

@Bosrox81  Thanks for the update. Happy Spending!

@Bosrox81 Then you are not part of the Path Act people which is what this message board/conversion is for....Path Act updates. Glad you got your refund though just dont post here and confuse others who have to wait due to the Path Act. 

You can claim kids as dependents and still not be claiming ACTC or EIC. These credits depend upon your filing status and AGI. Therefore it's absolutely possible that you claimed kids last year or the year before and still received a refund before February 15th. However I absolutely promise IF you have an EIC and/or ACTC you will not and have not recieved an actual refund from the IRS before the 15th of February. I don't care if you were in a test batch, if you were processed on January 2nd or you ordered your transcripts on January 3rd. It's the LAW. Not a suggestion! People we have elected to represent us in the government created a LAW that states filers with these credits can NOT receive refunds before February 15th. Every person. Every time. Period.  Yes every person and situation is unique and perhaps people that file the same day may not get their refund at the same time even if they have the exact same situation. But no one that falls under PATH will have a DDD before mid to late February. 

This thread is just for us to compare and whine and commiserate with others that are in the same boat playing the IRS waiting game. And to give each other hope when one of us sees movement. There's no reason to be nasty or argue. We're all in this together!! Let's try to help and support one another!!

well i was issued my state refund but previous owed unemployment took all of it so thats cool.

Filed: 1/29 w TurboTax

Both EITC/ACTC

Accepted: 1/29

IRS2GO App Says Topic 152 with a Received Bar highlighted.

TurboTax has an estimated DD date of 2/19. Every year I've done my taxes w Turbo it's been around the estimated day. 

My guess like last year, us PATHers wont know much till after the 15th of February.

Mike.

Sis you claim EIC

Filed 1/27

accepted 1/27 later that day. 

WMR has Tax Topic 152 generic message and 1

Normally switches over to the path act message 5-7 days later. 

Last 4 years of this I've gotten an update on 2/16 and my refund on the 22nd or whatever the Friday is. 

i was accepted 1/27 also.  Just the first bar on WMR. Last year I received my refund on the 18th I believe.  

Currently only the topic 152 message.  

Same with me ... 1 bar no path act ...

For the ppl with one bar in WMR, you may see an update to the PATH Act message in the morning. 

Filed 1/11/20 

accepted 1/27/20 

one bar on WMR , no PATH message 

Filed 1/27/2020

Accepted 1/27/2020

Still one bar Topic 152

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies