Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kkdixon06

2019 Affordable Care Act Form 1095-A

My tax return was rejected due to needing to complete an interview question regarding Form 1095-A. The resolve is to update TurboTax by visiting the Support Site, however, I'm not locating where I can update TurboTax. I currently use the CD version of TurboTax. Please advise how to update so I can complete the interview question and refile. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I think you should be able to log into Turbotax online and either download the update or just finish your tax return there online. Are you using an old CD? Are you filing with the free edition? 

To enter your Form 1095-A -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button

Or enter 1095-a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1095-a

To update the desktop software, click on Online at the top of the program screen.  Click on Check for Updates

kkdixon06

I'm using TurboTax Premier for Tax Year  DC . Purchased at Office Depot.

kkdixon06

I've already entered in all of the information on Form 1095-A and checked for software updates, however, this is the message I'm receiving which is causing my return to be rejected.

Action Needed: Important Information About Your Federal Tax Return

On February 20 or later, your tax return will include an updated interview question regarding Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Please pay careful attention if any of your dependents are filing a separate tax return. The household income is part of the calculation for the Premier Tax Credit.

What do I do now?

If you're using a CD or downloaded version of TurboTax:

On or after February 20th, update TurboTax (visit our Support Site if you need help updating). Please review answers under the topic of the Affordable Care Act (1095-A) in the Deduction & Credits Section. Make any corrections if prompted.

I've gone through the entire 1095-A form and I keep receiving the message that I've completed everything but then the return gets rejected from the IRS.

@kkdixon06 Delete the Form 1095-A and re-enter manually.

Verify that you software is at the latest release.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to verify - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/verify-turbotax-for-windows-basic-deluxe-premier-or-...

If you are at the latest release and you are still being rejected after deleting and re-entering the 1095-A, then try a manual update.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for manual update on a Windows based PC - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies