Marty_72

Question about payment to Turbotax

how does the process work when you pay by having the funds taking out of your refund. Please explain the process to me along with how does paying this way affect your next stimulus payment. I have direct deposit.

Question about payment to Turbotax

If you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund then a "refund processing fee" of $39.99 ($44.99 in CA) is added to your fees.   A third party bank then receives your refund, takes out the fees for TurboTax and sends you the rest of your refund.  You can avoid that extra refund processing fee by paying upfront with a credit or debit card before you e-file.

Marty_72

Question about payment to Turbotax

Thanks for your answer. My refund has already been accepted so I guess I will have to pay the extra charge from my refund. Next year I will go back to using my credit card. Another quick question: When I get my 3rd stimulus check probably next month will the IRS deposit the check into my account or will I have to go through the 3rd party bank as I will have to do with my refund. I hope not, I just hope the IRS will directly deposit the stimulus check. Hopefully Turbo tax or the 3rd party bank will have nothing to do with the stimulus check. Thanks!