turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mjmdiver
Returning Member

Problem reviewing federal tax results

Our federal tax review page says there is a return of $15K (lots of credits this year due to an EV and home improvements) but right below it, the note says there is a $0 return with an explanation that the money paid in taxes wasnt enough to offset the total tax after credits.  Completely illogical.  I think it has to do with one of the credits causing the formulas to not calculate correctly.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

@mjmdiver Please provide some context.   We do not know what "same problem" your post is referring to.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What's the problem?  Same as what?  

mjmdiver
Returning Member

It was in resopnse to another post from a week ago but for some reason it posted as a new topic.  I have edited it to show what the problem is...

I don't know whether to file now and ignore the error in the math (which gives me very little confidence regarding Turbotax) or not.

User edited original post to add some information that was not included in original question asked.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Here is the original post that mjmdiver was trying to reply to:

Error on Federal Review Page

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies