turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Wh did I received a 4883C Letter from the IRS?

After acceptance, the next step is for the government to review your refund.

During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.

Start tracking your federal refund at the IRS Where's My Refund site. For state refunds, go to your state government's refund lookup service.

That’s what TurboTax says about offsets

How do you find out if you have an offset

TurboTax says the irs would’ve taken it out already

Ok good that means I don't have one

Mine still says I have one on the WMR status, but the irs says they would’ve reduced or taken out what was owed already and I believe it would’ve reflected on the website
fryztoy29

My refund bars came back today with the APPROVED bar. Weird, I had direct deposit but it says “Your tax refund is scheduled to be mailed by March 9, 2018. If you do not receive the refund by April 6, 2018, please contact us again. We are unable to take any action until then.” So I guess there mailing me a check? On the side it says refund date is March 9th and the amount.

i got my verify letter yesterday morning March 2nd, called super early verified...passed questionnaire ... lady said nine weeks, Based off many of you guys that verified on a Friday i estimate around 12 to 13 days for a direct deposit.. mine being around the week of 3-15 ish? and i should be getting a DDD mid week?

i got my verify letter yesterday morning March 2nd, called super early verified...passed questionnaire ... lady said nine weeks, Based off many of you guys that verified on a Friday i estimate around 12 to 13 days for a direct deposit.. mine being around the week of 3-15 ish? and i should be getting a DDD mid week?
pablo3500

Verified on Friday march 2 and no change .....keep praying for us

Praying and praying for all of us

Tax topic 203; my whole refund is being taken but DDD of 3/7
kel5656

Tax topic 203
azrag2

I verified 2-26-18, approved 3-3-18 with a DDD of 3-7-2018.
2gs1steph

How long did it take for you guys to get your letter? I was supposed to get mine by 2/27. I called back 2/27 and a rep supposedly reissued but it's been a few days and I haven't gotten it yet. This is frustrating. Seems like I just need this letter and then I'm on the road to something. Right now my return is just sitting transcripts are blank with no movement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies