Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Payment of federal taxes

I set up an auto withdrawal for my federal taxes. It was supposed to come out yesterday. Can you please look into why this didn't happen?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Payment of federal taxes

We don't have access to your records in this public forum. Keep an eye on your bank account. If you still don't see the debit within 7–10 days call the IRS E-file Payment Services. For more info please click the link below.

When will my tax payment go through? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Payment of federal taxes

I too am a bit surprised that the IRS has not yet debited my bank account yet with my payment.  I sucessfully e-filed on Sunday 3/29 and it was accepted that evening.  I scheduled the payment from 3/30 onward.  I have been monitoring my bank account balance and yet nothing so far.  I double checked the routing and account numbers on the e-file and they are correct.  Normally when I make estimated quarterly payments they get scheduled the next day.  It's a bit odd that the IRS is taking it's time collecting my balance due.  

Payment of federal taxes

Direct deposit

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Payment of federal taxes

@zu1981 Can you please submit your full questions so we can help you?

Payment of federal taxes

Mine was supposed to be paid on 3/31/2020 and it still hasn't been taken out of my bank account (today is 4/7/2020).  Someone at Turbo Tax needs to take a look at this since it looks like it's happening to a lot of us.  It would be easier for a Turbo Tax person to call someone at the IRS than all of us having to do it.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Payment of federal taxes

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

Payment of federal taxes

@Mom_of_3_sons wrote:

Mine was supposed to be paid on 3/31/2020 and it still hasn't been taken out of my bank account (today is 4/7/2020).  Someone at Turbo Tax needs to take a look at this since it looks like it's happening to a lot of us.  It would be easier for a Turbo Tax person to call someone at the IRS than all of us having to do it.

Since TurboTax is only tax preparation software and not a paid tax preparer, they cannot legally contact anyone at the IRS on the behalf of any taxpayer.

Payment of federal taxes

If you call the IRS by phone at [phone number removed], don't expect them to answer.  They have an automated message reporting that they are under reduce staff and are not accepting phone calls (likely due to the COVID-19 shut down).  They refer to using to the online tools to contact them. 

It's now been 10 days since I filed and elected to make my tax payment via withdraw from my bank account and they have non deducted it yet as of 4/8/2020.   Obviously the reduced staff is impacting their ability to process incoming payments and I doubt they have staff able to do the job from a work from home scenario.    

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Payment of federal taxes

With the situation surrounding the Covid-19 outbreak, the IRS' focus right now is getting the details of the stimulus payments worked out. Once they get this figured out, they will resume normal operations which include issuing refunds and accepting tax payments. 

@bazbob I'm not sure which number you called to reach the IRS concerning your tax payment, but I will list an automated number that you can call to ensure that your payment is still scheduled: Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling.

Payment of federal taxes

Same here.  If  anyone knows the answer please respond.  I do not want to pay a late penalty

Payment of federal taxes

I called 800. 829. 1040 and got that automated message.  I then called 888. 353. 4537 and a person did answer but they checked and my payment had not yet been scheduled. 

Payment of federal taxes

Just a follow up.  I see this morning that the IRS has withdrawn the taxes I paid from my bank account.   Filed and accepted on 3/29 and now withdrawn on 4/10 so about 12 days. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Payment of federal taxes

Is there a question that you would like to ask us?

MTC-1

Payment of federal taxes

I submitted my payment via TurboTax / electronically on 3/31 and the debit was just posted to my account today (4/13) by the IRS.

Based on other comments in this thread, this 10 to 14 day delay is the "new normal" -- for the present at least. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies