Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Partial IRS Tax Refund

I filed my taxes on January 21st, 2022. I choose the 21 day option, direct deposit. I received my state refund on February 18th, paid in full and on time. Then I receive my Federal refund on the 24th where it came up $1,400 short. I waited on the phone with IRS automated system for over three hours with no one to talk to even though the automated messenger said my wait was 15-30 minutes. I called several different times, several different numbers and gone down different options over the phone where it gave me my apparent reasoning behind the change in my refund. Stating that either the Social Security Number, last name, or age limit exceeded of claimed dependents; I don't claim any dependents. Or gross income or refund amount was computed incorrectly. I did nothing wrong. Can someone please help me.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Partial IRS Tax Refund

If your refund is short $1,400 then the IRS has records that show you were sent the 3rd stimulus payment so they removed the $1,400 Recovery Rebate Credit.

If you checked your bank account in the March - May 2021 timeframe and there is not a $1,400 EIP3 payment from the IRS then go to this IRS website for how to start a trace on the payment - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

Partial IRS Tax Refund

Wow. I feel really dumb not realizing that. Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies