Solved: One of the 3 tax forms I filed for last year doesn't show and I can't bring the information up

alicelogan0914

One of the 3 tax forms I filed for last year doesn't show and I can't bring the information up

mesquitebean

Search your entire computer system for any files ending in the *.tax2017 extension.  Also search any backup media, if applicable.

If you have more than one Windows user account, log into each Windows user account and search from within each one.

Also check the Recycle Bin.

mesquitebean

What do you mean by "3 tax forms"?    Do you mean 3 pages in your 2017 return?    Or do you mean you prepared and filed 3 different 2017 returns and can't find one of them?
alicelogan0914

I filed 3 different returns and am unable to find one
mesquitebean

Also check the Recycle Bin.
alicelogan0914

Thanks a million..... found it in the Recycle Bin
mesquitebean

Great news!  But that's scary.  It came close to being gone.   I make a backup copy to external media after every session.
mesquitebean

Also check the Recycle Bin.