turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for mailed check to come in the mail after IRS has sent it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EdwardLO

How long does it take for mailed check to come in the mail after IRS has sent it

Once the check is mailed, you should allow about 3-5 days to receive it.

View solution in original post

101 Replies
EdwardLO

Once the check is mailed, you should allow about 3-5 days to receive it.

The day the check is mailed does it count as one of the days or is it the day after it’s been mailed
Vik_G

Day after

What bank is on the tax return check

If my return already been accepted and approved, deposit didn’t go through, How long will it take for it to come in the mail??

Moniqueallen172- same thing is happening to me. My account was closed. I had to call my bank and ask for them to be sure it got sent back to the irs. It was sent out yesterday the TPG told me to allow 10 days but im sure ill get it sooner.

@samiabreanna  Did your status update on TPG tell you it was mailed out or did you call them and they told you? My status update on TPG says a check will be issued by the bank and mailed to you but no time frame.

Does it usually take only 3-5 days? I’m on my 9th day waiting. IRS mailed it out on July 8th & i still haven’t gotten it.

Same with me my check was sent out July 12th and today is July 21st and im still waiting to come in the mail. Its frustrating!

Same here mine was mailed July 12th and today is the 23rd n nothing yet

I’m in the same boat mines was mailed July 19 an it’s August the 2nd still nothing

I already recieved mines. It took a bit longer because I moved and I'd updated my address with USPS for mail forwarding from my old address to the new address and it took a bit longer but it arrived luckily!!

When a direct deposit fails the money needs to go back to the IRS and get converted to a check mailed to the address on the return you filed ... the time frame for the conversion can take as long as a month in some cases.

@Candyqueen When did they say they mailed yours out? I moved , filed a change of address slip & even confirmed my new address in person at my local IRS office. Mines was supposedly mailed out on the 8th of July and i haven't received it (It's now Aug 02) 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies