turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Can you tell me how is my tax return already accepted? Your website says the IRS will not accept taxes until January 29th. Just wondering how mines got accepted prior?

It has not been officially accepted by the IRS. It is in a queue at TurboTax waiting for the IRS to open. Once it does, your return will be immediately transmitted to them.

Can you tell me how is my tax return already accepted? Your website says the IRS will not accept taxes until January 29th. Just wondering how mines got accepted prior?

So why would Turbotax tell me it was accepted intead of leaving it as pending? It says on the website that "accepted" means the government has it. Maybe im reading something wrong
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

See Opus 17 answer above.

Ok thank you. Mine must be part of this IRS HUB Testing Program I've been hearing about. Thanks again

What most people don't understand is that tax providers don't "push" tax returns to the IRS.  The tax returns go to various data warehouses, and the IRS connects and downloads them according to their own schedule, timetable and priorities.  Once a return is in the data warehouse, only the IRS can determine when to download it and begin processing.  They always do some early tests, but it's not announced and we don't even know if it is dozens, hundreds, or thousands, or more.

Never heard that before, but you know more than i do.

accept on the 01/17/18

Both state and fed

Yes

@jamiem2122 mine was accepted the 24th. Received email from turbo tax as well, 1 bar on WMR. Hopefully will have a date soon.

Mine was also accepted on the 24th. Hoping to see some movement next week. Anyone know how often they update WMR?

es:
Sunday 12:00 am (Midnight) to 7:00 pm
Monday 12:00 am (Midnight) to 6:00 am
Tuesday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
Wednesday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
Thursday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
Friday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
Saturday 3:30 am to 6:00 am and 9:00 pm to Midnight

Thank you @reneekale

@camille4224 did you claim any of the credits? I saw on another thread some has a DDD of 1/31.

What is DDD?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies