Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I file my taxes for 2018 now and get an early refund or a loan for $1000-$2000 now? I know H&R Block offers this.... I would like to stay with turbo tax though.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I file my taxes for 2018 now and get an early refund or a loan for $1000-$2000 now? I know H&R Block offers this.... I would like to stay with turbo tax though.

Technically BLOCK  is offering a "signature loan" based on your anticipated ability to repay and your credit rating .... it is not an advance of your refund.   IF you do happen to get one of these loans read the fine print carefully especially the time frame to repay the loan and the high costs of doing one of these  .... also notice that you are NOT required to use Block to actually file the return no matter what they IMPLY when you get the loan ... that would be illegal.   So you can get the loan from them and still file with Turbo Tax. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

No. TurboTax is not offering refund anticipation loans.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

No one can file an early 2018 tax return. The IRS has not announced when they will begin accepting 2018 returns, but it is unlikely to be sooner than late January or even February.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

So can’t get no earlier loan on taxes

No.  You cannot get any loan from TurboTax until your tax return has been filed and accepted and even then only if you qualify.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4159588-about-the-turbo-prepaid-visa-card-and-refund-advance">http...>
uptop222

Can I file my taxes for 2018 now and get an early refund or a loan for $1000-$2000 now? I know H&amp;R Block offers this.... I would like to stay with turbo tax though.

No they do not. If you want a copy of your tax return, they ll hold it hostage for $19.99. They are a complete scam. Run from this company. This company is owned by quickbooks/intuit. I'm going to do a blog about their shady practices. I also filed form 14157, return preparer complaint, with the IRS.

Can I file my taxes for 2018 now and get an early refund or a loan for $1000-$2000 now? I know H&amp;R Block offers this.... I would like to stay with turbo tax though.

Well first TT/Intuit is NOT a return preparer so the form 14157 is not applicable  ... they sell the use of a Do-it-Yourself program to adults who are expected to read and understand the instructions on how to save a PDF of the return in the FILE tab prior to your filing the return.    

And after you file it is still  free to save a PDF of the return you file until the tax year ends mid October ... if you need access after that there is a cost which is why they tell you at least 3 times to upgrade to the PLUS level  ... why do you think Intuit should do everything for free forever ?  They are after all a for profit company where their shareholders require a return on their investment.  

So if you didn't save the PDF when you had the chance you can only be mad at yourself ... and before you get your panties in a bunch I do not work for TT or intuit  so  I can speak the plain truth to you now. Blog your heart out if you like but FYI .. all the other DIY versions do the same thing.
uptop222

NO. they don't do loans. I filed on Jan 5th. Return accepted Jan 14th, still nothing. I suggest going to HR Block where they give refund anticipation loans. Then this company won't let you print your returns out unless you pay them 19.99, they won't even talk to you. I filed a complaint with the IRS because of the fraud/deception they use. I never would have used them.

Technically BLOCK  is offering a "signature loan" based on your anticipated ability to repay and your credit rating .... it is not an advance of your refund.   IF you do happen to get one of these loans read the fine print carefully especially the time frame to repay the loan and the high costs of doing one of these  .... also notice that you are NOT required to use Block to actually file the return no matter what they IMPLY when you get the loan ... that would be illegal.   So you can get the loan from them and still file with Turbo Tax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies