Hi I filed on the 2/5/2020 and was accepted right away. I have been waiting for my refund. It says to check it's link which I did but I don't show up. They say something is wrong. I entered my social security number as it on my social security card and the full amount I'm getting back from here and my filling stats. What's wrong? I'm freaking out that I won't get my money. I might just stick with paper way. Why am I not showing up on the IRS website?
The IRS states:
WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED
"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early. This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."
When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.
You might receive this message because:
- Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
- Your return is still pending.
- You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
- If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
- You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.
Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"