turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aboye66

I noticed an error that needs to be corrected on my 2016 tax return about vehicle use for personal and / or business use. The tax form has it that i have no other vehicle for personal use. That is incorrect. How do i amend this and would it affect my bott

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I noticed an error that needs to be corrected on my 2016 tax return about vehicle use for personal and / or business use. The tax form has it that i have no other vehicle for personal use. That is incorrect. How do i amend this and would it affect my bott

No, it would have no effect at all on your bottom line.  The IRS is only interested in whether it seems reasonable for you to say the car you are using is used 100% for business purposes.  That's a tough claim to make if you have no other vehicle for personal use.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

No, it would have no effect at all on your bottom line.  The IRS is only interested in whether it seems reasonable for you to say the car you are using is used 100% for business purposes.  That's a tough claim to make if you have no other vehicle for personal use.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies