No!  Do not click on anything that says "amend!"  ...

I was reviewing my 2017 filing and suddenly it just said I had filed. I never confirmed and I needed to add a couple of numbers. Why did this happen? Can I write on it?

Your tax return could only be e-filed if you clicked that big orange button that said “Transmit my return now”. Did you do that?  Or did you just print your return to review it?

It would be pretty hard to file accidentally.  But check your e-file status:
To check your e-file status  
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ef...>

I just printed my return to review it. I still need to make a couple of changes before filing it through mail as I need to send it with my daughters passport to get an ITIN number. In other words, I will not be e-filing.

Then your tax return has not been filed. You might need to click on Add a State to get back in and make changes. You do not really have to add a state, but that will get you in. Make your changes, review and print it out again.

When you mail a tax return make sure you sign it in ink, attaching all W-2’s and any 1099’s that show tax withheld. Use a mailing service that will track it like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received. Federal and state returns do not go to the same address. 

Thanks! I am doing that but it just gives me the option to ammend

No!  Do not click on anything that says "amend!"  
I clicked on “amend” by mistake
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552802-how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-turbotax-onli...>

thanks! It worked now!

Great!  Thanks for letting us know!