No!  Do not click on anything that says "amend!"  ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was reviewing my 2017 filing and suddenly it just said I had filed. I never confirmed and I needed to add a couple of numbers. Why did this happen? Can I write on it?

8 Replies
Level 15

I was reviewing my 2017 filing and suddenly it just said I had filed. I never confirmed and I needed to add a couple of numbers. Why did this happen? Can I write on it?

Your tax return could only be e-filed if you clicked that big orange button that said “Transmit my return now”. Did you do that?  Or did you just print your return to review it?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Level 15

It would be pretty hard to file accidentally.  But check your e-file status:
To check your e-file status  
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ef...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I just printed my return to review it. I still need to make a couple of changes before filing it through mail as I need to send it with my daughters passport to get an ITIN number. In other words, I will not be e-filing.
Level 15

Then your tax return has not been filed. You might need to click on Add a State to get back in and make changes. You do not really have to add a state, but that will get you in. Make your changes, review and print it out again.

When you mail a tax return make sure you sign it in ink, attaching all W-2’s and any 1099’s that show tax withheld. Use a mailing service that will track it like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received. Federal and state returns do not go to the same address. 

Thanks! I am doing that but it just gives me the option to ammend
Level 15

No!  Do not click on anything that says "amend!"  
I clicked on “amend” by mistake
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2552802-how-do-i-cancel-or-undo-an-amended-return-in-turbotax-onli...>

thanks! It worked now!
Level 15

Great!  Thanks for letting us know!
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings