turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bpate1993

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

Same here and they tell you nothing

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

@bpate1993  oh no!! :( my 21 days are up on the 19th hopefully they give me an answer.I also ordered my transcripts, but I had to get them mailed.
bpate1993

All they will tell you is wait
ippyfoot

Been on this 9001 code since pretty much the beginning. I filed and was accepted 1/28, and WMR showed one bar for about 2 days, then went to 9001 code and been there ever since. I called and was told nothing was arong, everything looked good give it the 21 days and call back if I see no progress. Another issue I am having is I filed under HOH and not only can you see my status when I select HOH in WMR you can see my status if I were to select every other filing status there is, which makes no sense because when you put in the wrong information your are supposed to get a message pretty much stating such. This is a really messed up tax season.

@ippyfoot  Yup ! I filed on the 29th and then 2 days later I got the 9001 message. I called and told them and was told to wait the 21 days. I told the rep is it because my marital status changed and she said no that not to worry. But I’m getting worried is ridiculous that they can’t provide any info.

No changes
ippyfoot

@marianatali62  I have to wonder if the IRS even knows what that code means because every person I have talked to that has it and called has been told something different. Do you have the same issue when checking WMR about being able to access what your status is no matter what filing status you select? That is really bugging me.
ippyfoot

@mailand400 This is the craziest tax season I have ever seen. I usually get my refund within two weeks but this year who knows.
ajett1665

The people saying wait are the ones who haven't received the letters yet. You need to understand the people working at the IRS answering phones are just seasonally trained minimum wage customer service reps. When i called to do the Id verification i needed my last filed return so i have to wait on it in the mail. So heads up, you need a copy of this years return, the letter they mail you, copies of all W2s/1099s/T1098 forms from this year and all the same from the last year you filed to pass verification . If you fail you have to make appointment at IRS office to verify. So request your prior year transcripts now, even my transcript took over 2 weeks to come this year. I filed and was accepted 1/28 filed single and got this code the first Saturday following filing. Took 19 days to get the letter from the IRS
bpate1993

Now its telling me to wait 24 hrs or in tell i get a email saying the got it
bpate1993

Wth
KTKKKG
Returning Member

Okay guys I do have a letter in the mail today will share the content once I open. Good luck.

Day 22, same error code, 9001. Don't know what to do but wait.
KTKKKG
Returning Member

@kmclucas731 call them.

same here still stuck on the stupid 9001 code
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies