Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tjmero

Need to view my 2006 turbotax file but can not locate the program disk. Is there a viewer?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to view my 2006 turbotax file but can not locate the program disk. Is there a viewer?

if you didn't save it as a pdf, you may be out of luck.     to open the .tax2006 file , you need that year's program which is no longer sold by TT.  you may find it for sale on the web, but it is a beta version which could change the the return when you open it because updates are no longer available.  there may be providers on the web which can open and print the file as of the last time it was saved, but I will not vouch for their honesty or integrity.   in the future,   save a pdf copy on your computer and offline.   the reason I suggest two copies is that hard drives do crash or get infected with malware making anything stored on them unrecoverable.   thumb drives or other offline storage have the same issues, but it's highly unlikely both would fail at the same time 

Turbotax doesn't support tax programs that old ... so you don't have a PDF copy you can open ? 

tjmero

I'm afraid I didn't save the return as a PDF. The MD Comptroller's office sent me a love note saying my $500 deduction for Long Term Care insurance on my 2018 state return was not allowed. They are telling me I took the one-time deduction in 2006 and that's why I am looking so far back to see it that is the case.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies