Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need to change an answer to the question asking if anyone could claim me as a dependent from no to yes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChelseaS

Need to change an answer to the question asking if anyone could claim me as a dependent from no to yes.

If you return has not been filed or has been rejected you can make this change without amending by taking the steps below.

• Sign into TurboTax Online
  • Go to My TurboTax > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return (or if rejected, under some things you can do section, click on Add a state)

• Go to Personal Info > Personal Info Summary > and click Edit to the right of your name.

Scroll down to Question 3 - Someone else can claim me on their tax return.  

a.       If you select yes – line 6a will be unchecked, some else claims you

b.      If you select no -  line 6a will be checked, you claim yourself

• If your return has been accepted, you will need to amend. Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

• View solution in original post

1 Reply
    ChelseaS

If you return has not been filed or has been rejected you can make this change without amending by taking the steps below.

• Sign into TurboTax Online
  • Go to My TurboTax > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return (or if rejected, under some things you can do section, click on Add a state)

• Go to Personal Info > Personal Info Summary > and click Edit to the right of your name.

Scroll down to Question 3 - Someone else can claim me on their tax return.  

a.       If you select yes – line 6a will be unchecked, some else claims you

b.      If you select no -  line 6a will be checked, you claim yourself

• If your return has been accepted, you will need to amend. Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

• message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
    Manage cookies