Solved: Need to change an answer to the question asking if anyone could claim me as a dependent from no to yes.

aprilshadows80

Need to change an answer to the question asking if anyone could claim me as a dependent from no to yes.

ChelseaS

If you return has not been filed or has been rejected you can make this change without amending by taking the steps below.

• Sign into TurboTax Online
  • Go to My TurboTax > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return (or if rejected, under some things you can do section, click on Add a state)

• Go to Personal Info > Personal Info Summary > and click Edit to the right of your name.

Scroll down to Question 3 - Someone else can claim me on their tax return.  

a.       If you select yes – line 6a will be unchecked, some else claims you

b.      If you select no -  line 6a will be checked, you claim yourself

• If your return has been accepted, you will need to amend. Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions.

• View solution in original post

ChelseaS

• Sign into TurboTax Online

• View solution in original post