liem

Need to add income

I just found a stimulus statement after I filed. Can I ammend my return?

Need to add income

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS will not be accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

We do not know if entering the wrong stimulus amount will delay your refund --- or for how long if it does.   The IRS has not offered any guidance yet on how they will handle returns that have incorrect stimulus amounts entered.  We all just have to wait and see.  You are among many people  who were confused and entered incorrect stimulus amounts, or who filed early and then received a check.   

seanjoeph

Need to add income

I need to add a w-2, I didnt know I was getting a w-2  from this company.. How can I get the  W-2 added to my return??

Ausmeek77

Need to add income

Same